Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
smudger272

Re: Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

Post by smudger272 »

Helicoptermanr22 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:58 am Thats good news, they would have relented sometime soon otherwise it could be classed as theft, did you fill in the on line form part and multiple emails?
yes but only the emails when you log in and say you want a different option to voucher
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Ok cool thanks for that, yes it was the option whre you choose the option refund over voucher
my sailing is cancelled, I'd like an alternative to a credit note' option. so hopefully get it soon!
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

BF have cancelled my booking and issued a RCN, so I have contacted them again and requested a cash refund instead of the RCN
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Brittany Ferries have canceled my sailing on the 28th and I've received the email saying as such, however when I go into their Contact Us form and fill it all out and press Submit, it just goes round in circles and says
"The form has become outdated. Copy any unsaved work in the form below and then reload this page."
which I've tried to do but just get the same again.
Am I not the only one?
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Not ferry related, however EasyJet are playing poker..

I was due to fly to Marseille at the beginning of July for a few days R+R in Provence. EasyJet have just emailed to say that I can swap to a voucher for a future date within a year so long as I do so before midnight on the 16th, which funnily enough is just about when they will probably cancel the flight and would have to give me a refund.

So they are betting that folks will want a voucher rather than possibly have to fly or cancel themselves. Not a bad tactic, however I'm holding out as I have the aces as I can cancel and claim on Travel Insurance if the flight were to go ahead and I can't go due to having to isolate for 14 days etc.

I suppose I'll find out in a week or so.
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Finally got it to take the form, I had to log in to the website and go straight to the contact form, no looking around the site for information beforehand.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

I’ve no sign of an actual cash refund from BF
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

After multiple emails ive had 179 out of 440 back, will be another 3 weeks before i get round 2 going !!
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Helicoptermanr22 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:42 pm After multiple emails ive had 179 out of 440 back, will be another 3 weeks before i get round 2 going !!

Fair play, that's some persistence and not a bad hit rate either!
I only got one back out of twelve sent, and that was only after I'd cancelled confirming they'd won the game.

Only losing 200 quid each dosen't look so bad now against that amount of effort either :lol:
beany

Post by beany »

ferry booked in oct deposit paid, four of us was going to do the portugiese tet. passinger ferrys are cancelled till 28 june, our balance is due on the
27 june. i have been emailing bf the last one took them 9 days to reply.

Return to “TRAVEL”