Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Monster

Re: Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

Post by Monster »

Let the games begin

Email received today with a travel voucher being offered

The voucher is for only half of the total for some reason? I booked a Standard Ticket type

I want a refund in £££ and I want the full amount ... NOT impressed currently

Off to contact my credit card company. So angry that my iPhone face recognition is not working!!
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Have they by chance only refunded you for one leg of the trip? As this might happen if the return leg is outside of the postponement date. Then as the government move the isolation window the return date could fall in the new cut off date
Monster

Post by Monster »

Yes Sir ... I believe that you are correct

After blowing my stack ... that came to me eventually

The return sailing date is the 23rd which is not yet cancelled

Therefore I guess another email is due

But .... what is that sailing doesn’t get cancelled ??
Worry about that one later I guess

Stroke averted
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

Dear Mr Smith,

I'm writing to you today to confirm we have had to cancel your upcoming reservation.

The ongoing global Coronavirus pandemic has forced us to take this extraordinary action, which follows governmental guidance to limit potential health risks for passengers and crew. Please note the cost of this cancelled sailing will be refunded by voucher (details below). The voucher is valid for two years and may be redeemed against any future sailing or inclusive holiday with Brittany Ferries. We will shortly send a further email detailing how to re-book at a reduced rate, for our Club Voyage Customers please refer to the recent newsletter for more information.

If you have another sailing similarly impacted, we'll contact you under separate cover via email.

Please do not call or reply to these emails, we remain exceptionally busy trying to ensure we make contact with the many thousands of passengers affected. You can find our latest updates and answers to frequently asked questions at www.brittanyferries.com/coronavirus.

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment this mail may bring and trust that we may be able to welcome you back on board in happier, more settled times in the very near future.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Gareth Bewley
Customer Services Manager
Voucher value:
£404.20

I like the bit about dont reply to this email as we're too busy ,no fuck off give me my money back

This mail is sent from an unattended mailbox. Please do not reply.

Bretagne Angleterre Irlande (B.A.I) : Port du Bloscon, CS 60072, 29688 ROSCOFF cedex
Société Anonyme à Directoire et Conseil de Surveillance au capital de 22 831 056€ - R.C.S Brest 927 250 217
Siret 927 250 217 00027 - Registre des opérateurs de voyages et de séjours IMO 29100011 - TVA FR86 927 250 217
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Please do not call or reply to these emails, we remain exceptionally busy trying to ensure we make contact with the many thousands of passengers affected. You can find our latest updates and answers to frequently asked questions at www.brittanyferries.com/coronavirus
Bullshit, it takes seconds to CC the same email to all the passengers booked over a certain period, they must think people are daft.
They will have sent off the mass emails, closed the phone line and fucked off home.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Even if the lockdown is lifted by the end of June my gut feeling is that all the passenger bookings up to around the end of July will be cancelled, this will allow them to “reset the clock” prioritise bookings for the expats etc, and for the economies and tourism industry of the countries they serve to have time to recover
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Fair play to all you people determined to get refunds out of Brittany Ferries, and am watching with interest.

But to be honest seeing your experiences a bit glad I've given up, rolled over and never expect to see our collective 600 quid again!
At least they didn't get any more money out of us, they will probably never get the chance again and have dodged a lot of stress along the way!
Last edited by ggp59 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

Maybe we'll sell the tickets on, can you do that,I wonder, but I will be fighting tooth and nail to get refund when I Say I I mean Dibbs hahahah he's already drafted a letter to send to BF and then I'll be getting in touch with CC as well keep you peeps updated
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Brittany ferry's main customers are from UK... Education trips are big money as are hauliers motorcycles too at certain times of year on Spain routes.....

The only alternative is p and o calais or eurotunnel and they are even worse than b/f for sure...

Best of luck with full refunds but I'd be happy with a 2 year open ticket subject to availabity... Another problem.

You can change any details on bookings apart from lead name...
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

saw this on another site,made me laugh.

getting hold of brittany ferries on the phone.

youve got more chance of getting hold of brittany spieers.

Return to “TRAVEL”