Travel this year

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
johnnyboxer

Re: Travel this year

Post by johnnyboxer »

Dark Knight wrote:Was thinking about the :keep calm, wash hands and carry on: policy.
So you go in with your infected hands, put some soap on, infecting the soap dispenser, push the water tap, infecting the tap and wash your hands.
If the tap is spring loaded to go off you are allright, but the virus remains on the tap and soap dispenser for the next person to touch.
As long as they don’t touch their nose, mouth, face or eyes before the 30 seconds hand wash they should ok
Current thinking is that it cannot last too long out of a live host and is degraded hour by hour

Why the hand washing ?

The virus is coated in a natural oil or fat to help it move around and also for insulation against being degraded by heat/cold, light etc

Use detergent- it breaks down the virus fatty coat and destroys it - novel eh ?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Steve T wrote:
Asgard wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:21 pm . . . I don't understand JB's comment
Don't think he does either . . . he'll be disconnecting the tinternet soon, just in case the virus gets through that way :roll:

Steve T

8-)
I am off out today, never fear

With money we don't have

RandG

Post by RandG »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:50 am
Thanks - I am all you say if you really believe it.... however take a moment

But you did deserve the general backlash on UKGSER for telling me that my elderly Mum (that I was concerned about ref CV19) would have to die sooner or later and of something

First of all, at no time did I specifically mention your elderly Mum, so please don't suggest I did.Secondly, Arsey has been personally abusing me over there for weeks, long, long before I made any mention of his GF. That comment from me was for no other reason that to rile and try and get back at him, and as I said in a PM to him, he should possibly also consider his actions before he abuses people online, cause sooner or later they (me) are going to fire back.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

RandG wrote:

But you did deserve the general backlash on UKGSER for telling me that my elderly Mum (that I was concerned about ref CV19) would have to die sooner or later and of something

First of all, at no time did I specifically mention your elderly Mum, so please don't suggest I did.Secondly, Arsey has been personally abusing me over there for weeks, long, long before I made any mention of his GF. That comment from me was for no other reason that to rile and try and get back at him, and as I said in a PM to him, he should possibly also consider his actions before he abuses people online, cause sooner or later they (me) are going to fire back.
Are you banned from there?

Why get arsey, with Arsey - not worth it

If he was bothering you, put him on ignore

Who was that smirky bod ?

With money we don't have

OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Come on guys, leave the UKGSER shit back over there.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

johnnyboxer wrote:
RandG wrote:

With money we don't have

RandG

Post by RandG »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:22 am

No but banned from Beaktalk.

He (Arsey) initially had a go at me cause I didn't always suck up on Daniel Hayes vids. Then I questioned the need for bikes with all the gadgets (Triumph 900) he went off again. Can't recall what the 3rd time was but in all of those he was verbally abusing me, I was just ignoring it.

Smirky is very local to me, someone who I've had upwards of 12 years exchanges on a local forum, would always go out his way to disagree with everything I said.
RandG

Post by RandG »

OnHellas wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:50 am Come on guys, leave the UKGSER shit back over there.
Fair enough.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Looks like we are now on the steep part of the contagion curve, expect to see cities locked down and the number of deaths to double every couple of days.
Very dark times.
Going to tax one of my motorbikes, will have to fully service it later, as the DVLA web site may go down and they could shut down the post offices.
Good luck and health to all.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Anyone thinking of going to Norway this year should be monitoring the exchange rate. The GBP is in free fall against the Euro and USD, but climbing rapidly against the NOK. Currently heading towards 13.5 to the pound. In 2013 it was only 8.5
Making that ambition of yours to ride to the Nordkapp almost affordable. Just need to miss out all the Euro countries in between.

Return to “TRAVEL”