Route advice please - Vilamoura Portugal to Santander Spain - but only going through Spain

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Scott_rider

Route advice please - Vilamoura Portugal to Santander Spain - but only going through Spain

Post by Scott_rider »

Hi Guys. I need some route advice please - Vilamoura Portugal to Santander Spain - but only going through Spain.
We've got a route sorted from Santander down through Portugal to Vilamoura but need a route back up via Spain only and in about 4/5 days.
Any recommendations? Thanks 8-) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
spangle

Re: Route advice please - Vilamoura Portugal to Santander Spain - but only going through Spain

Post by spangle »

I’d include as many mountain ranges as possible; Sierra Nevadas, Sierra de Gredos, Sierra Guadarramas & Picos. All works in nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tramp

Re: Route advice please - Vilamoura Portugal to Santander Spain - but only going through Spain

Post by Tramp »

Scott, don't know what sat nav you use but the twisty adventure routes are good on garmin when not in a hurry... Then mountains are great in mid Spain but man it'll be hot hot.. Why not hug the Portuguese border with Spain...?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Yes, we like the mountains 8-) . We're familiar with the Picos (having done a trip there this year) so that part of it we can sort out. And we don't mind it hot, hot, hot! 8-) . What I need is a recommendation in the west side of Spain (probably west of Madrid) from Vilamoura on the Algarve up to say, the southern edge of the Picos. Thanks guys, all recommendations appreciated 8-)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
spangle

Post by spangle »

The Gredos & Guadarramas are west of Madrid. Segovia, Avila & Toledo are all great places for overnight stops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “TRAVEL”