TCAT 2020 June set-off

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
flipflopdog

Re: TCAT 2020 June set-off

Post by flipflopdog »

Update...... TCAT is most definitely GO..!!

There are now TWO Brits riding the full East - West Canadian trail.... Nice one Youngangus, perfect attitude and battle ready..!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Glad to hear its happening will be watching your posts.
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

Hi flipflopdog - looks like a fun trip. Have you sorted your bike insurance arrangements yet? If so who are you using?

I’m planning on riding the TAT this year (but starting and finishing in Canada) and not yet sure how to sort this.

Cheers
Andy
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Envious? Oh no, not at all...

Have a bloody brilliant time. Should be an epic trip.
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

Hi Andy, I haven't finalised insurance fully just yet but if you PM me I can give you a full heads up of the route I'm adopting to get insurance. It's not the easiest task and some of the most established companies have backed off from taking on Euro riders of recent times..!!

As for my or should I now say OUR TCAT trip, the wheels backstage have been a turning and trip progress is looking very good. 'Young Angus' now has a very tidy CCM450 to accompany me on my CRF500, should be an epic trip of a life time, will start a ride thread closer to the time....
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

Hi Mez

A lot has happened in the world since your last post on this thread. I assume you had to put your trip on hold?

I am assessing the option of getting mine (TAT) going this summer so looking at some of the thorny issues up front. Did you get as far as sorting an insurance plan? If so i’ll drop you a PM if you are still happy to share.

Cheers
Andy
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

back to the past? (2020)
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

tempesc wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:26 am Hi Mez

A lot has happened in the world since your last post on this thread. I assume you had to put your trip on hold?

I am assessing the option of getting mine (TAT) going this summer so looking at some of the thorny issues up front. Did you get as far as sorting an insurance plan? If so i’ll drop you a PM if you are still happy to share.

Cheers
Andy
Hi Mate, yes indeed an awful lot of shitty water under the bridge so not sure when but it will happen either 2022 or 2023. One good note is I've built another CRF500L special for Bill (Young Angus) to do this trip on. We imported an unfinished project from Australia and errrrrr 'Finished' it here...!!! As far as insurance goes or went, didn't 100% nail anything. Not sure if you yourself were involved in a chat on HU with myself included but some ground was covered in respect of American Bike Insurance companies, might be worth digging up some old threads on there for reference etc ........

Cheers, regards and a Happy New 2022.. MEZ
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

Good shout, i’ll wade through that and share how i get on. Hope your plans open up soon, suspect most of us have missed out on a trip or two.
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

OK, I'm crossing all fingers, toes and any other body parts I can that this post holds true...!!! I fully intend to do this cancelled TCAT trip this year now. It's pure optimistic indulgence thinking it will happen but #### Covid and all the utter BS that bobs up and down in it's wake, we are forging ahead and laying down plans, booking flights, arranging air freight etc etc once again. This time though we have two very similar bikes to ship out. I went and built a second CRF500L special for Wild Bill AKA: Youngangus an inmate on here.....
20210619_114213.jpg
20210619_114213.jpg (197.31 KiB) Viewed 2975 times

Return to “TRAVEL”