Did you ride up to Nordkapp/North Norway this summer?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Spike941

Did you ride up to Nordkapp/North Norway this summer?

Post by Spike941 »

Prior to riding up to the Nordkapp in 2016, I’d heard many stories about an abundance of motorhomes and holiday coaches causing more than a little inconvenience. However, during my trip (last week of June, first week of July) I didn’t find that to be the case at all. Having recently acquired a motorhome myself and looking at a Norway trip in the next couple of years, I’ve sort current tips from the net, in particularly YouTube vlogs. The recents ones I’ve watched do give the impression it is becoming a bit of a camper van procession. Is that the case now?
PaulinBont

Re: Did you ride up to Nordkapp/North Norway this summer?

Post by PaulinBont »

It was even, when I did Nordkap four years ago; convoys of campervans and coaches carrying Chinese and Korean tourists....I couldn't peel off quick enough and left then to it as I headed further North . Apparently you have to pay to enter the car park at the tourist destination/ giftshop!

Camped on the beach at Sletness lighthouse and didn't see a soul all day: perfect :)
Saint rob

Re: Did you ride up to Nordkapp/North Norway this summer?

Post by Saint rob »

That wasn't the case last year when I went in early July. Yes there were lots of motorhomes at the Arctic Circle Centre and at Nordkapp, but I encountered very few on the roads and those I did caused me no more inconvenience than they do in the UK.
I would also like to return with my caravan on a more leisurely trip, but the expense of towing it that far is putting me off at the minute. On the plus side I probably wouldn't get a speeding ticket with those eye watering fines - not that I got one on the bike, but the downside is that I'd be contributing to the perceived nuisance.
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it

Return to “TRAVEL”