Ferries are filling up fast !!!

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Spike941

Re: Ferries are filling up fast !!!

Post by Spike941 »

Was on a rough crossing from Portsmouth to Santander on the Baie de Seine at the weekend. Looking forward to new fleet in 2021. I was driving, but felt sorry for these guys. They had this to look forward to an hour out of Santander.
Attachments
9C951C7B-F8A0-40DE-9E96-D5454CD450D1.jpeg
9C951C7B-F8A0-40DE-9E96-D5454CD450D1.jpeg (62.03 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
3DA942CA-895C-4444-89E1-D9EEAAFDA356.jpeg
3DA942CA-895C-4444-89E1-D9EEAAFDA356.jpeg (95.94 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
Monster

Post by Monster »

Yes I completely understand !!!!

Poor Bastard - Bad enough riding a GS .... but being photographed riding one is SO MUCH WORSE !!!

Like Fat birds & scooters .... both fun to ride, until you mates see you on one!!!
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

Monster wrote:Yes I completely understand !!!!

Poor Bastard - Bad enough riding a GS .... but being photographed riding one is SO MUCH WORSE !!!

Like Fat birds & scooters .... both fun to ride, until you mates see you on one!!!
Controversial Joel! ImageImage

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Monster

Post by Monster »

scoobydidler wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:33 am
Monster wrote:Yes I completely understand !!!!

Controversial Joel! ImageImage

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

As ever Scoobs!! Just a bit of banter like LOL
Monster

Post by Monster »

I spoke with a chap from Brittany Ferries at the NEC bike show to offer some feedback on their lack of provision for those on two wheels

He said that the reason the May 1st sailing has filled up so fast is based upon the ship and the availability of cabins for bikers. There are only 20 places on the May 1st sailing. The May 2nd sailing can accommodate 60 bikes max

Of course there were promises of jam tomorrow (as my old boss used to say). New vessels are on the horizon and they should have larger capacity
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Monster wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:08 am I spoke with a chap from Brittany Ferries at the NEC bike show to offer some feedback on their lack of provision for those on two wheels

He said that the reason the May 1st sailing has filled up so fast is based upon the ship and the availability of cabins for bikers. There are only 20 places on the May 1st sailing. The May 2nd sailing can accommodate 60 bikes max

Of course there were promises of jam tomorrow (as my old boss used to say). New vessels are on the horizon and they should have larger capacity

I agree 100% Brittany ferrys should display on there information web site prior to going throught the booking drawn out process actually how many provisional places are available to bikers on each boat and crossing....that way we have a fighting chance of getting a place outbound and inbound..

Ive always found the help desk very helpfull , and i deliver to their ships 3 times a week and find a few french greetings goes a long way :D ..im a creep for a french ladys smile ;) :oops:

Maybe if we as bikers all bombarded Brittany Ferrys with emails of aasking for this facility they might do something about it...a online pertion would be great even include them dogs at mcn lol...im not clever enough to organise it :o but can post my views :lol:
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I'm pretty sure the Pont Aven has room for plenty of bikes. It's the others which have limited availability. The queue to get back on in September was well over 100 yards long with 2 or 3 bikes side by side. Incidentally I booked 3 bikes and 2 cabins for the end of April, returning 3 weeks later, just a few days ago. No problems.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.

Return to “TRAVEL”