Cameras in France

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
petecam

Re: Cameras in France

Post by petecam »

Hi

Just had a trip around Brittany and Normandy.

Lots of camera's covered in plastic, either broken ones or new ones to be commissioned I guess ?

For the record I use an app on my phone called Waze, this is a user contributed traffic system, EG you see something and flag it for others.

Every* speed camera was marked up as Police on my app, giving me warning to slow down (not that I needed to of course!)

*Well as far as I know "every" camera, no fines as of yet :lol:

cheers
Pete
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Mine came through last week Image

And here’s the camera. Practically impossible to see between the trees until you’re almost past it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I'm actually quite impressed that you got sent an english version! As to that particular camera - yes, they are often hidden like this. There is one on the A20 as it passes south through Limoges which is completely hidden behind a bridge support. I've seen it go off loads of times as I drive north.

It's in a short 90kmh section of autoroute, on a downhill stretch, and regularly catches people who have been motoring at about 130kmh (sometimes for hours from Paris) but who have not wiped off enough Ks as they descend towards the Vienne river crossing.

These are basically just piggy-banks.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Well im vetting my number plates so once in france its onto the he vehicle just a slight alteration enough to be a mistake... The doddgy plate is from a scrapped vehicle so no one suffers... Those 80kmh speeds are crap as most vehicle gearboxes arent configured for that speed..
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Tramp wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm Well im vetting my number plates so once in france its onto the he vehicle just a slight alteration enough to be a mistake... The doddgy plate is from a scrapped vehicle so no one suffers... Those 80kmh speeds are crap as most vehicle gearboxes arent configured for that speed..
Isn't it more serious to falsify than to not have a plate at all?
Once in France I would break a large part off the correct plate and put the broken part in my rucksack/luggage, that way the fixed camera's will show an incomplete/untraceable plate and if stopped you would have the rest of the plate that had 'broken off' to show the nice Gandarme.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Tonibe63 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:16 pm
Tramp wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm Well im vetting my number plates so once in france its onto the he vehicle just a slight alteration enough to be a mistake... The doddgy plate is from a scrapped vehicle so no one suffers... Those 80kmh speeds are crap as most vehicle gearboxes arent configured for that speed..
Isn't it more serious to falsify than to not have a plate at all?
Once in France I would break a large part off the correct plate and put the broken part in my rucksack/luggage, that way the fixed camera's will show an incomplete/untraceable plate and if stopped you would have the rest of the plate that had 'broken off' to show the nice Gandarme.
Like that idea, broken plates, sounds like a Greek taverna :lol: :lol:
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

double blubble again in june and i was in the camper to really rub salt in the wounds, i think next time i might give the payment a miss and see what happens

oh and i was 2 kph over the limit in a 50 and 30
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Try driving up and down a 19mls section of m27 day in day out with lots of average speed cameras... Its sole destroying... You can loose your licence in 3 junctions...

Hgv drivers are extra carefull..
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

The deliberately falsified plate could be asking for a world of pain if you're stopped and it's discovered. I detect a slight feeling that the french gendarmes are naive or not as switched on to this kind of thing as the brit police. Don't count on it.

The broken off chunk in the bag idea is better, but they have both front and rear-facing cameras here, so trying to explain how your car's front and rear plates both have a bit missing from them could be interesting....

But on a bike? - yep could be an answer. Bonchance, folks....
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Here in the charente, it's the topic of conversation at the mo with the Brits, being holiday season and the amount of visiting people being nabbed and receiving speeding tickets, so beware.

Return to “TRAVEL”