Cameras in France

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
redbikejohn

Re: Cameras in France

Post by redbikejohn »

ollydog wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:32 pm double blubble again in june and i was in the camper to really rub salt in the wounds, i think next time i might give the payment a miss and see what happens

oh and i was 2 kph over the limit in a 50 and 30
2kph over? Wtf - that is thinkness of needle !
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

That shouldnt be possible to prosecute as all motorvehicle speedo are calibrated over the true speed , xt660z owners are wildly out lije 10% and i like many use the satnav speed rating changed to km when in Europe.

Apoarently france has a 5% allowance on speed :o ...and the uk as a whole speed :lol: it would totally cause mayhem in uk when new cameras arrive..
Last edited by Tramp on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French- ... as-damaged

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/ca ... erasThings are getting really sad and scary :roll:

Tramp and others dont use the satnav speed as its acurate so 30mph is 30mph wheras a car or motorbike manufacturres one is alway under....or just ride at 48kmh,78kmh,88kmh etc ....
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

redbikejohn wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:01 pm
ollydog wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:32 pm double blubble again in june and i was in the camper to really rub salt in the wounds, i think next time i might give the payment a miss and see what happens

oh and i was 2 kph over the limit in a 50 and 30
2kph over? Wtf - that is thinkness of needle !
Yep mentioned it before, but on recent trip to Blighty, got nabbed 72 in a 70, and 82 in a 80, within an hour and half of each other, in northern France. My father, capt slow, also got done, and received his ticket in UK. So beware guys.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Much better to stay at home, put on a hair shirt, smother yourself in honey and prod a wasps nest.

Cheaper too...
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

are they actually doing French registered vehicles with the sane zeal?--or is it simply easy to ping any Brit (who is "over there" and can't fight it) ,whilst not incurring the Wrath of the yellow vests and having the cameras demolished again?--I'm very suspicious as in the UK surely they couldn't get away with 2 mph over the limit.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

catcitrus wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:28 pm are they actually doing French registered vehicles with the sane zeal?
Yep.

Nothing to do with where you are from. Our van and car are both french-reg. We get tickets for the slightest speed over the limit. It's ruthless.

Brit visitors to France are just noticing it now because for years the authorities here didn't/couldn't chase foreign vehicles for fines. Now they can. And will.

Best thing is to think back fondly to all the great times we had speeding in France with impunity.
bowber

Post by bowber »

This reminds me of the time a letter arrived for my brother in law, quite obviously from France and looking very official. A few days later he arrived back home from his trip to France, we said there is some post for him and when he came to the French letter (see what I did there) he looked a bit sheepish and admitted he'd been caught speeding and had to pay up there and then! He'd been hoping not to say anything but the receipt for his fine gave the game away ;-)

Steve
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Where does the idea that you get knicked for 2kmh over come from?
As can be seen from my letter I was clocked at 89kmh but the speed used was rounded down to 84kmh and that figure was used to determine the fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

I am heading to France for my first visit in a fortnight and to be honest all this makes the place sound pretty grim :shock:
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography

Return to “TRAVEL”