Bike hire Peloponnesus?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Jak*

Bike hire Peloponnesus?

Post by Jak* »

Hi, rather than the usual sidecar trip, I have been convinced to go on a weeks family holiday flying to the Peloponnesus region of Greece. Does anyone know of a reputable day hirer of small trail bikes in this area?
Thanks Jak
Godspeed

Re: Bike hire Peloponnesus?

Post by Godspeed »

I hired a small bike in Athens and then rode over and around the Peloponnesus region for a week. Let me know if you’ll be visiting Athens and I’ll find the details.
(They did do other bikes than the small 125 I rented)
921B25D6-48CC-46DF-AC1C-EA41A441B966.jpeg
921B25D6-48CC-46DF-AC1C-EA41A441B966.jpeg (213.42 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Godspeed wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:54 pm I hired a small bike in Athens and then rode over and around the Peloponnesus region for a week. Let me know if you’ll be visiting Athens and I’ll find the details.
(They did do other bikes than the small 125 I rented)
921B25D6-48CC-46DF-AC1C-EA41A441B966.jpeg
Me too :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi, thanks for the replies. In the end I didn’t hire a bike, partly due to lack of time and partly cos it was so bloody hot. Riding gear for the locals seems to consist of shorts t shirts and flip flops. Helmets seem to be optional although most riders of larger bikes seem to carry them. The Pelopenese would be a fantastic place to go on a trail bike or a smaller adventure bike. I would love to ride my Himalayan there but would probably go in the autumn or spring. The mountain roads are ace and there are loads of dirt roads. The food was fantastic, loads of amazing ruins and fantastic beaches. The people are really friendly and helpful. If anyone is going, beware that with the fall in the pound, it is not as cheap as it was a few years ago. Petrol prices vary wildly, the difference between the highest and lowest that we saw being nearly 40 cents a litre. It is generally much cheaper in the cities. The main evidence we saw of the recent economic issues was loads of unfinished buildings. There were a number of rough sleepers on the streets of Athens, but far fewer than you would see in any UK cities. The main beneficiary seems to have been the spray paint industry as there is masses of graffiti everywhere.
Cheers Jak

Return to “TRAVEL”