Jofama bag

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Slowlycatchymonkey

Jofama bag

Post by Slowlycatchymonkey »

Hello, good afternoon, greetings 👋

Looking at non pannier bag options for my RE Himalayan. Something to throw over the pillion seat and or back rack. The Jofama bag was recommended by someone sensible and looks like the sort of thing I’m after but wondered what people’s experiences of them are? Originally I was just going to get an Ortlieb (always had a soft spot for those lovely robust bags) and bungy it to the bike but the Jofama looks a better option, less faff to get on and off the bike and less hassle if you want something from it mid ride- no bungies to undo.

Anyone got/had one? Is there a big difference between 42l and 52l? 10l doesn’t sound like it would make much difference but is the bigger bag much bigger/bulkier?

Any experiences appreciated.

Oops posted in the wrong place, would someone mind moving it to ‘travel gear’ thanks.
bowber

Re: Jofama bag

Post by bowber »

I have one, can't remember which size it is though, it's not waterproof but other than that I've found it handy as I hate panniers, once the tent is up it's 3 straps to take it off and it's OK to carry into a hotel or B&B. I usually use a topbox, the Jofama and then strap my tent on top of the Jofama.
It would be better if it was waterproof as you could just jam all your gear into it, but you need to use the waterproof bags for anything you want to keep dry which makes packing a little bit of a pain.
Had mine for about 5 years and the only problems I've had have been my fault by letting a strap and one side get burnt on my exhaust.

Steve
Slowlycatchymonkey

Thanks for the reply @bowber I read somewhere you’re better off with dry sacks inside whether it’s waterproof or not because if you want something out of the bag before your under cover when you open it up everything gets wet anyway but yeh would be better if it was waterproof.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

I’m a fan of Lomo bags.
I have had two. I used a big one across the pillion seat on my FJR and a smaller one for my CCM. For the pillion seat I like the long closure rather than an end closure. I have used carrier bags inside for clothes etc although the two bags have never let water in.
For the money you have nothing to lose.

https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/Motorcy ... -Bags.html

Tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
scutty

Post by scutty »

I have a re-branded version of the Jofama bag and really like it. It's ideal for a week away and allows you to put heavy items in the lower side pockets.
The mounting system is quick and easy to use and I use the waterproof inner bag and have never had problems with leaking at all.

I am assuming this is the bag you mean:
jofama_bag.png
jofama_bag.png (659.29 KiB) Viewed 1901 times
Slowlycatchymonkey

@sanqhar thanks for the link, recognised the Lomo name but haven’t seen their stuff. Looks like reasonably priced ortlieb 👍

@scutty yes that the bag alright. I like the idea of easy on, easy off and easy access.

Return to “TRAVEL”