My first trip to Italy

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Yaman700cc

My first trip to Italy

Post by Yaman700cc »

I can't wait to ride to Italy this summer from Chertsey Surrey England to
Avellino Campania Italy this will be my first trip by motorbike .
qcnr

Re: My first trip to Italy

Post by qcnr »

Sounds like a good plan. Enjoy your trip :-)
Trev

Post by Trev »

Enjoy, wonderful country but look out for the truly crap roads in some places, particularly motorways .... and bridges :(
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

You'll have a great time mate! So many great roads to ride, views to see and foods to eat! Before you go, check out our 24-page guide to motorcycling in Italy, which you can find here: https://www.adventurebikerider.com/24-p ... -in-italy/
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Can I ask why are you going to Avellino. Just interested as my wife comes from nearby. I've ridden down there, it can be very hot and hairy traffic but great scenery.
one-legged adventurer
Italy1

Post by Italy1 »

just in case you in the area or for anyone heading down to the north of Italy, during my last ride down there I came across this place:

www.lakecomohostel.com

It is a perfectly located youth hostel, very clean, cheap with a safe parking area, and run by a couple of guys who love bikes. With less than 15 Euros you can have a full meal and a couple of beers. I would highly recommend it, the views are spectacular and the hotel next door would probably set you back more than a 100 euros a night.....
across the water, one could visit the Guzzi factory who, given enough notice, would organize a visit even over a weekend day if the numbers are sufficient (cannot remember what's the minimum number of visitors required.....)

further south, we also rode il Passo del Brattello:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Pas ... 4703?hl=en

really lovely quite pass across the Appennini range, which is not as busy as the most famous Cisa pass.

Eyes at the back of your head, and everywhere else, expect the unexpected with regards to the Italian spirited driving style, and enjoy the ride! If you need any tip, feel free to ask. I was born and rared in Tuscany.....
Buon viaggio

Return to “TRAVEL”