Campsites near Sort in the Pyrénées

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tigertails

Campsites near Sort in the Pyrénées

Post by Tigertails »

We intend to stay at the campsite just out side of Sort in the Spanish Pyrenees while touring around the area for a few nights. Could any one please point me to some more camp sites in and around that area. bars and hotels would also be of interest. I have read a lot on here already that has been of great help.

Thank you
Tramp

Re: Campsites near Sort in the Pyrénées

Post by Tramp »

There us a nice one near pobla de seguar south of sortes but nog by much but nearer a large town .it was the base for hiss events...grear food and site... :lol: .
Tigertails

Post by Tigertails »

thank you ,ill take a look
WillS

Post by WillS »

We stayed here last September for nearly 2 weeks whilst exploring the trails around the area.
A very nice site, great food and a bar.
Very clean, and good facilities.
Heated outdoor pool, but didn't get chance to use it.
Think it's around 15 mins north of Sort.

https://www.noucamping.com/en/
Tigertails

Post by Tigertails »

That looks great thank you. Cheers
soho

Post by soho »

One MAIN reason for staying at La Pobla ? - I forget the guys name who runs the place , but he keeps a very clean (hygiene wise) swimming pool. Which after a days riding out is just the ticket. 8-)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Geordie :D ...and yes the place is spotless and they do very nice bacadillio [buttys] to go next morning if ordered at night...its a quite site so not many screaming kids unless you bring a goat :lol: ...just watch the step access road
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

If you stay at jordies & walk into town (about 15 mins) there’s a great bar called Castelles it has a brown wooden entrance that reaches the road the bar owner ( “Josep” does a massive burger & very friendly
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chubbyhooker wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm If you stay at jordies & walk into town (about 15 mins) there’s a great bar called Castelles it has a brown wooden entrance that reaches the road the bar owner ( “Josep” does a massive burger & very friendly
If that's the same bar I'm thinking of, then sadly it closed about 3 years ago. We got pretty slaughtered in there back in 2013 (?) - they served ice cold cider in chilled glasses and we just had to drink it all.

La Pobla's nice but there's not much there. The Collegats site is perfectly good - decent facilities, although Jordi and his wife sometimes need a sense of humour transplant. If you visit in May be prepared to be serenaded from sunset to sunrise by an enthusiastic nightingale which you will admire on the first night, get a bit annoyed about on the second night and want to murder ever subsequent night.

We'll be going to the Noguera Palleresa camp site in Sort this September.
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 am
chubbyhooker wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm If you stay at jordies & walk into town (about 15 mins) there’s a great bar called Castelles it has a brown wooden entrance that reaches the road the bar owner ( “Josep” does a massive burger & very friendly
If that's the same bar I'm thinking of, then sadly it closed about 3 years ago. We got pretty slaughtered in there back in 2013 (?) - they served ice cold cider in chilled glasses and we just had to drink it all.

La Pobla's nice but there's not much there. The Collegats site is perfectly good - decent facilities, although Jordi and his wife sometimes need a sense of humour transplant. If you visit in May be prepared to be serenaded from sunset to sunrise by an enthusiastic nightingale which you will admire on the first night, get a bit annoyed about on the second night and want to murder ever subsequent night.

We'll be going to the Noguera Palleresa camp site in Sort this September.
Just messaged him & yes you’re right but he’s opened another bar called Brasiria les falle which looks really nice, I spent a whole night in there once on my own chatting to him & I drink pretty quick & when I went to pay he wouldn’t take a penny, since then I’ve been there loads over my 3 stays at collegetes 1/2 the time I was just staring doe eyed at his girlfriend lol

Return to “TRAVEL”