IRegistering a vehicle from Spain, here in the UK?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
SteveR

IRegistering a vehicle from Spain, here in the UK?

Post by SteveR »

Has anyone here got first hand knowledge of registering a bike here in the which was previously registered in Spain?

A quick Google suggest some issues and some cost involved, but if it's a EU built and EU spec machine, is should be easier! ;)

As long as .) The Fichas Tecnicas & Permiso de Circulación and The VCA certificate of Conformity are available.

Evidence showing the date the vehicle was collected (normally the invoice from the supplier or any receipt you may have) might be a slight issue if the machine is purchased from the Importer himself? Maybe not...?

DVLA site is quite helpful I have found, but that the CoC is now a £100!

Any thoughts welcomed
Last edited by SteveR on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: IRegistering a vehicle from Spain, here in the UK?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Get it done before Brexit...it will probably be crushed afterwards for being 'foreign', taking our jobs etc.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:22 pm Get it done before Brexit...it will probably be crushed afterwards for being 'foreign', taking our jobs etc.
Totally agree...!!! :o

I have a month to buy and then re-register .... ;)
Richard Simpson Mark II

A mate of mine used to do something like this in reverse.

He'd import Mustangs, Corvettes and home-market Japanese sports cars to the UK: put them through the SVA test, get a British reg for them and export to Spain.

Apparently, most of the rest of the EU didn't have an SVA process like we have in the UK.

SVA more difficult now because VOSA has closed most of the test stations.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

SteveR wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:07 pm Has anyone here got first hand knowledge of registering a bike here in the which was previously registered in Spain?

A quick Google suggest some issues and some cost involved, but if it's a EU built and EU spec machine, is should be easier! ;)

As long as .) The Fichas Tecnicas & Permiso de Circulación and The VCA certificate of Conformity are available.

Evidence showing the date the vehicle was collected (normally the invoice from the supplier or any receipt you may have) might be a slight issue if the machine is purchased from the Importer himself? Maybe not...?

Any thoughts welcomed
Have you got an NIE and got the Permiso De Circulation in your name? Do you have a compra venta as proof you bought it? I'm just thinking of the things I need to buy and sell a bike in Spain, and in order to get the PdeC in order, you need to own property or have a rental agreement here.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Richard Simpson Mark II

So far as I know providing you have proof of title and a Certificate of Conformity tied to the VIN you should be OK.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

You may need to change headlights and speedo for importing to UK, at least.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

AlanHolt wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:55 pm
SteveR wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:07 pm Has anyone here got first hand knowledge of registering a bike here in the which was previously registered in Spain?

Any thoughts welcomed
Have you got an NIE and got the Permiso De Circulation in your name? Do you have a compra venta as proof you bought it? I'm just thinking of the things I need to buy and sell a bike in Spain, and in order to get the PdeC in order, you need to own property or have a rental agreement here.
Thanks Alan. At the moment, I am sussing out what documentation is available with the bike! ;)

If I cannot get a full suite, then not interested...!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

qcnr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:51 am You may need to change headlights and speedo for importing to UK, at least.
Aye... another possible cost to consider. Mind, my NX400 from Portugal passes an MOT every year with no chanes from a LH drive vehicle :D
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Missed it.... Oh well... :evil:

Return to “TRAVEL”