International driving permits

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: International driving permits

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

A friend of mine (international truck driver) was in the Post Office earlier this week buying the driving permits which he may or may not need.

He made a remark about Brexit.

The counter clerk told him they'd been told they would be sacked if they discussed Brexit in reference to the permits.

That's how bad it is.

Denial denial denial.
onefortheroad

Post by onefortheroad »

Likewise. I've been driving trucks around Europe for many years. I run on my GB licence/ADR certificate and CPC. All acceptable at this time. However, I can't find any reliable info' relating to what I might have change . Given that I could be sent anywhere,in Europe,this might be a problem. My boss is none the wiser. I will leave everything,as is,for now and wait for whoever created this mess to sort it out. I just hope that I don't have to go back to the TIR system/ADA carnets/long line ups at customs and all that crap, from the 70's/80's. I can see the 'coffee money' tradition coming back into fashion -- older drivers will remember that worked quiet well.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:45 pm A friend of mine (international truck driver) was in the Post Office earlier this week buying the driving permits which he may or may not need.

He made a remark about Brexit.

The counter clerk told him they'd been told they would be sacked if they discussed Brexit in reference to the permits.

That's how bad it is.

Denial denial denial.
Got a friend who works within one of the Govt agriculture bodies, DEFRA, and they have been "advised" in a similiar fashion to stay shtum! They are now so short staffed as so many staff have been side shifted to attempt to deal with "policy decisions" on the hoof from Ministers... Gove being a prime example! :?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

onefortheroad wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:24 pm Likewise. I've been driving trucks around Europe for many years. I run on my GB licence/ADR certificate and CPC. All acceptable at this time. However, I can't find any reliable info' relating to what I might have change . Given that I could be sent anywhere,in Europe,this might be a problem. My boss is none the wiser. I will leave everything,as is,for now and wait for whoever created this mess to sort it out. I just hope that I don't have to go back to the TIR system/ADA carnets/long line ups at customs and all that crap, from the 70's/80's. I can see the 'coffee money' tradition coming back into fashion -- older drivers will remember that worked quiet well.

Ah yes, the poised stamp and raised eyebrows.

Produce the 'coffee money' and the cancelling stamp mysteriously misses the permit, allowing it to be 'recycled' on another trip.

Mind you, you may not be going anywhere at all.

https://www.rha.uk.net/news/press-relea ... d-says-rha

What a brilliant Government we have.

Until recently, the guy in charge of UK negotiations: Raaaaabbbbbbbbb; had no idea Dover was an important port. And he never bothered to go there.

God help us all.

Return to “TRAVEL”