EDC Morocco, Africa, Sept 2019. Open invite for a free On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
WIBO

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2019. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by WIBO »

Schoe000 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:33 am
Agg(Skinny) wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 am I see it said bike TBC. What you thinking of bringing?
I have a Husky TE630 at the moment but am considering getting a CRF250l, I like the look of the Rally but it's too tall for me, so just waiting at the moment.

If it were I, I'd ride the 630....it has the legs for cruising and the ooomph of over 600cc's..........you could always test a CRF and see if it can sit at plus 115kph with all of your kit ......bear in mind especially when it comes to long stretched-out mountain autoroute climbs, of which we'll hit in Spain....these can slow you down if you don't have the ooomph.

Last years CRF's were topping out at about 90kph albeit on changed lowered gearing before any off road. Dead slow on any autoroute climbs. One was considerably heavier than the other due to kit. Hard on the engines to keep them singing along.

:D

Will It Buff Out?
Mactavish

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2019. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by Mactavish »

Hi Wibo , have ordered a large pair from Amazon ! .
Could I tag along this year providing they fit ?
Will be over in Wales to do some trails with the xt in may see how I get on. Hopefully see Chubby and a couple of others .
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

It would be a pleasure...... I'll mark you down on the list of riders.

There's unfinished trails to ride.......

Best of luck with the off road practice.

Will It Buff Out?
Mactavish

Post by Mactavish »

cheers Wibo .........I'd best re-read page one ! :D
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few times!!!!

Will It Buff Out?
Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

I see the numbers are building up :D every day I check page one with anticipation, I've been just south of Madrid so many times :lol: is anyone doing the trip going to the ABR festival? Be good to put faces to names. BobH I'll be calling on your knowledge soon.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Morn'in.....

By coincidence I was checking various sailing dates/times last night from Spain; with this in mind it will dictate our port of entry to Maroc and any routes thereafter.

I've gingerly started to plan!!

Will It Buff Out?
YamTen

Post by YamTen »

Hey Mactavish,

Where about a in Wales you heading to?
I went to the Tenere experience last year, great fun and really got to know my Ten.
Where about a are you based?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

Dan(YamTen) I'll have a pint bet with you. I reckon Mactavish comes from Jersey :lol:
BobH

Post by BobH »

Hey Angus, let me know when you are over to the mainland and where you are going. I may be off that week.......

Return to “TRAVEL”