Kiev - July 2019

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Saint rob

Kiev - July 2019

Post by Saint rob »

Can anyone recommend any accomodation in or near to Kiev?
Subject to all the Brexit bollocks at the end of March and Putins shenanigans, I'm planning a trip out to the Chernobyl exclusion zone and want to stay somewhere handy to pick up the transport so ideally not far from a metro station. I also don't really want to offload all the camping gear off the bike so secure parking would also be good.
I'll be going out via Colditz and Zagan (stalag luft III) and returning via Romania spending 4/5 days mooching about and riding the Transalpina and Transfargassan, visiting THE castle and whatever else I can find before making my way back through Hungary/Austria and back to Calais
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it
DanielS

Re: Kiev - July 2019

Post by DanielS »

I've stayed at the Hotel Ukraine in the centre, opposite Maidan a few times. It looks quite grand and is typically "Soviet" styled inside. Breakfast is ok, nothing great. 2 min walk to the Metro and they have a car park with a security guard out the front. I left my bike next to his cabin. I did remove all my stuff though, so that's up to you.

http://www.ukraine-hotel.kiev.ua/en/
Saint rob

Re: Kiev - July 2019

Post by Saint rob »

DanielS wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:56 am I've stayed at the Hotel Ukraine in the centre, opposite Maidan a few times. It looks quite grand and is typically "Soviet" styled inside. Breakfast is ok, nothing great. 2 min walk to the Metro and they have a car park with a security guard out the front. I left my bike next to his cabin. I did remove all my stuff though, so that's up to you.

http://www.ukraine-hotel.kiev.ua/en/
Thanks Daniel, I'll check it out
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it

Return to “TRAVEL”