Empty fuel container on airplane? Possible?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Peirre

Re: Empty fuel container on airplane? Possible?

Post by Peirre »

iirc most airlines will assume any fuel container whether new or used has at previously contained fuel, and therefore will refuse to accept it on a flight
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I think most passengers would want to get off the plane if they saw a fellow passenger board with a fuel can as hand luggage.
Filmic

Post by Filmic »

Most/every airlines will refuse to take used fuel cans on board or even in checked luggage. On previous trips abroad when travelling to far flung parts of the world and taking cases and cases of gear including a generator (to charge batteries when no mains available) we always had to buy new generators in the UK to take with us and then leave them with the indigenous peoples as a gift as we knew we couldn't fly back with a used generator even emptied of fuel.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

No such thing as a stupid question,
Disproved again
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 pm I think most passengers would want to get off the plane if they saw a fellow passenger board with a fuel can as hand luggage.
I remember going to a ‘ring this number after midnight’ type rave in the 90’s in a disused barn in deepest darkest Lincolnshire; my friend kept a fuel container in the car filled with water for his dogs and thought it’d be a good idea to use it to dampen the dusty floor; he cleared the barn when he started dowsing the floor straight from the container. It was the same rave I came back to my car to find someone I didnt know dealing heroin from the back seat. Ah them were t’days.

And to keep on topic, I wouldn’t try and board a plane with a fuel container unless it was a brand new collapsible type bladder arrangement.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

HedgeHopper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:34 pm
No such thing as a stupid question,
Disproved again
Since when did we lose the ability to ask daft questions, we’re not all experts on every subject are we?

I get plenty of people asking daft questions when they’re experiencing a life threatening heart attack, treating them with respect is part of what we do, a little grace can go a long way 👍
Last edited by Godspeed on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

SHarper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:56 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 pm I think most passengers would want to get off the plane if they saw a fellow passenger board with a fuel can as hand luggage.
And to keep on topic, I wouldn’t try and board a plane with a fuel container unless it was a brand new collapsible type bladder arrangement.
Thanks, at least a couple of helpful people on here. Cheers
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Just a thought. If you're travelling with hold luggage, how about a new one of these in your bag? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5L-2-Strok ... 2238613776 and for a couple of quid leave it behind. On a trip to Crete some years ago, I put a larger bag in the hold, left what I didn't need in left luggage at the airport, then refilled it on my way home.
Not all those wandering are lost
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Since when did we lose the ability to ask daft questions, we’re not all experts on every subject are we?

I get plenty of people asking daft questions when they’re experiencing a life threatening heart attack, treating them with respect is part of what we do, a little grace can go a long way 👍
[/quote]
Brings back a memory! " This might sound stupid but ive got REALLY bad heartburn and I'm pouring with sweat,think I might be having a heart attack😂

Return to “TRAVEL”