Speeding in Switzerland? £3200 Fine

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
johnnyboxer

Speeding in Switzerland? £3200 Fine

Post by johnnyboxer »

2 Sports bike Vloggers - one doing 144kph in a 80kph zone = £3200 and 3 months licence confiscation for getting caught

Gets interesting at 7 min mark

4000 Swiss francs (approx £3200) was on the spot fine/payment, presumably by Credit Card and I guess if you can't pay, then you face a few nights in a Swiss jail whilst you arrange the brass

We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
OB1

Re: Speeding in Switzerland? £3200 Fine

Post by OB1 »

Serves them right for nearly double the speed limit.

The fact that even filtering is illegal in Switzerland didn't give them a clue that excessive speed might result in a hefty fine?
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

OB1 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:45 am Serves them right for nearly double the speed limit.

The fact that even filtering is illegal in Switzerland didn't give them a clue that excessive speed might result in a hefty fine?
I disagree, hard to keep to a limit on an open road

Sometimes it's hard to work out which speed limit is which though, on a open mountain road

50 mph is bugger all on the Susten pass, you'd need a 50cc moped to be well under on a road like that
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Jonny...

if you cant back off the throttle or look at speedo you shouldnt be riding....they probably heard them coming anyway....we have tossers on sportsbikes poping wheelys when overtaking traffic on a bypass near me....deserve all they get...

excessive speed and dangerous driving are becoming a thing of the past ....keep it on the race track.

my views :lol:
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

johnnyboxer wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:51 am
I disagree, hard to keep to a limit on an open road
If only there's was someway of knowing how fast you're going, these bike manufactures are missing a trick, they should put some sort of speed indication devise maybe right in front of the rider, could be like a dial or even a big f'in digital display.....😂
I'm off down the pattern office....😂
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Tramp wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:48 am Jonny...

if you cant back off the throttle or look at speedo you shouldnt be riding....they probably heard them coming anyway....we have tossers on sportsbikes poping wheelys when overtaking traffic on a bypass near me....deserve all they get...

excessive speed and dangerous driving are becoming a thing of the past ....keep it on the race track.

my views :lol:
I totally agree, we get enough flack as it is without that sort of riding.
one-legged adventurer
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

The guy in their support vehicle doing 82kph in the 80 limit also got caught at the same time. 100 CHF fine, about £80, that's a bit mean for 2kph.
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Seeing this makes me think how lucky i was as I got flashed twice front &back this year while I was on a Swiss motorway .
But to be honest I wasn't going much over the speed limit , any way that was five month ago so hopefully that's that 😙
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

clutchspring wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:50 am Seeing this makes me think how lucky i was as I got flashed twice front &back this year while I was on a Swiss motorway .
But to be honest I wasn't going much over the speed limit , any way that was five month ago so hopefully that's that 😙
Don't hold your breath, they can take much longer to pursue a morning offence compared to the UK.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
EVskij

Post by EVskij »

Makes me worried now, as I was on same road just two weeks ago. Obviously speeding up for overtakes as some vans etc were way below actual speed limit. I know we got flashed from the front in France just as i was pointing out to my wife where the camera was. We then overtook a tractor and a van going slow only to realise we were going a tad fast around 86-90 Km/ph in an 80km/ph limit past the camera, facing oncoming traffic. Did not see it flash or anything so suspect it was calibrated for oncoming traffic.
Next time in Switzerland, I shall watch out for my speed as that is allot of cash to give away for a bit of fun. Mind you GSA isn’t an MV but certainly a capable machine to achieve 144kmph on that road.

On that note, what other EU countries as strict/severe on speeding? I don’t drink enough to worry about being over the drink limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “TRAVEL”