M26 closed overnight for a week

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
daveuprite

Re: M26 closed overnight for a week

Post by daveuprite »

DavidS wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:41 pm Daveuprite is actually spot on with this one.
The French understand distance travelling whether by car or truck.
We just leave everyone to their own devices or rip them off.

But French truckers still p*ss against their vehicle wheels rather than use the toilets 10m away.
Mais oui, c'est vrai... Any opportunity to take a piss in public. Mind you, it's natural, it's normal, and it's much better than filling a lemonade bottle with urine and throwing it in a hedge for some poor sod to clear up later - which is just plain weird.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

DavidS wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:41 pm Daveuprite is actually spot on with this one.
The French understand distance travelling whether by car or truck.
Even though perfectly legal, the French police frown against truckers driving continuously for more than 2 hours without a break. They don't seem to care if you drive for 12 hours provided you stop every couple of hours for a break, but British employers seem to have a problem with drivers stopping en-route or not driving to the last minute of what is legally possible. I'm glad I hung up my keys and let my licence expire.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

simonw wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:44 pm
OnHellas wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:07 am...Most potential solutions have been stopped but the not in my back yard brigade...
Without wishing to open this particular can of worms, the location chosen for the last lorry park plan was a HUGE area of green land and the development would have totally wiped it out. Sadly we are building over so much of Kent it is fast moving from being the garden of England to the patio of England.

Well, the people of Kent voted for Brexit...so they get the lorry park and the clogged roads.

Perhaps they 'regrets it'

:D
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Don’t blame just Brexit for this one.
It’s been a huge problem for years, probably before even Farage came along.
It’s just been fudged all the time.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “TRAVEL”