Pilgrims way

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Darren s

Pilgrims way

Post by Darren s »

Try to plan a day trip out on the pilgrims way starting at ashford just wondering how far it stretches and any good stop off points on route?
Looking to make it a full days riding if possible.
DavidS

Re: Pilgrims way

Post by DavidS »

Probably preaching to the converted but you can ride for ages around there. I’ve only been taken round but there are loads of offshoots.
Look at the interactive ROW map on Kent CC website for lanes.
Have you got a permit? There are 5 permit lanes and you really need it to make a proper route. Easy to get but it is personal and won’t cover anyone riding with you who hasn’t got one. Quick and free - you get a padlock code, which is renewed regularly. They were put in to stop illegal 4x4s and fly tipping I think.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Mmmm a heady mix of slippy, chalky mud!!! oh and you need a crf250l to ride it hahaha

Darren s

Post by Darren s »

dibbs wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:02 pm Mmmm a heady mix of slippy, chalky mud!!! oh and you need a crf250l to ride it hahaha

That chalk is a nightmare I think a dry day to start
Darren s

Post by Darren s »

DavidS wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:39 am Probably preaching to the converted but you can ride for ages around there. I’ve only been taken round but there are loads of offshoots.
Look at the interactive ROW map on Kent CC website for lanes.
Have you got a permit? There are 5 permit lanes and you really need it to make a proper route. Easy to get but it is personal and won’t cover anyone riding with you who hasn’t got one. Quick and free - you get a padlock code, which is renewed regularly. They were put in to stop illegal 4x4s and fly tipping I think.
I’ve been told about these permits by a chap I work with who’s a 4x4 guy. How long will it last ?
g00ner

Post by g00ner »

Permits are free and have no time limit

https://www.kent.gov.uk/waste-planning- ... mits#tab-2

Plenty of routes off of Pilgrims, enough for a couple of days. I prefer East of Maidstone though towards Dover the lanes are shared by farm machinery a little more so a few ruts to contend with.

Lots of walkers on Weekends in the Pilgrims itself but as said many routes just off it. Have fun

Return to “TRAVEL”