Travel to Morocco with Van Advice wanted

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Lee950

Re: Travel to Morocco with Van Advice wanted

Post by Lee950 »

AlanHolt wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:42 pm I remember when we moved from the UK to Spain, I brought our second van and trailer (Vauxhall Movano MWB towing a 7m 3.5t trailer) on the Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry. The prices were silly, around £2700, but I managed to get a one way crossing with a cabin for £760 but I can't remember what I changed on the booking form to get the price down.
I bet you put the van as a motorhome ;)

I just tried with putting the pick up as a motor home with trailer and around £1700, the luton van as a motorhome about £1200, much better.
I notice as you are filling in the details it says goods carrying vehicles have to go as freight.
Thinking about it I was talking to a German guy who had a big luton van and he said he had it registered as a motorhome because he uses ferrys a lot, he had put a few small windows in it just to help make it look more like a motorhome.
herman

Post by herman »

Certainly on the French crossing a lwb van is freight but mwb not which is why I have one now.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

ChrisCole wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:31 pm I may be wrong but my understanding is that you can only fill your customs form on line for one vehicle per person. If you can sort out insurance
(Green card) before you go it saves a lot of hassle. Don't leave Morocco via Ceuta unless you enjoy anarchy.
Did you take the right lane rather than the left lane? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lee950

Post by Lee950 »

Thanks for the replies. Decided against this for now, running out of time and to many unanswered questions, could well end up being a very expensive mistake.

I will look for another event to do.

Thanks Lee.

Return to “TRAVEL”