What the hell is it with ferry prices.?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
herman

Re: What the hell is it with ferry prices.?

Post by herman »

Has to be one of the few advantages of living in this car park down south....20 mins to ferry or an easy two hours to chunnel. If anyone needs a stop the kettle is always on as is van parking.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
sooty

Post by sooty »

Booked in November for a trip in September this year, bike, cabin for two return, £320. It’s a case of needs must this year, but I would normally ride to Dover, overnight in a Travel lodge or similar and then ferry. Works out a whole load cheaper
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

As an adopted Northerner it is my ambition never to travelsouth of the Watford Gap again.
Using the Hull ferries is a very small price to pay for the privelege of living in the North.
m4ckk13

Post by m4ckk13 »

Just back from NW200, Belfast to Liverpool, overnight - bike and me £120. £10 brekkie. Can't wait for someone to invent teleporting!
Perfect campsite near Derry... Amazing, all you need and more.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

It's a bit of a lottery.

I'm doing a loop round France for a week in early September and ferry prices to France were OK. e184 plus £37.50 out and £182 back.

I go down to Cairnryan (from North Ayrshire) and across on the early ferry to Larne / Belfast, then trundle down to Dublin for the overnight boat to Cherbourg.

Not really decided on a route yet, but come back from Zebrugge to Hull, then it's only 4 and a bit hours home.

One of the worst things I ever did was ride all the way down to the South coast for the ferry, you are knackered by the time you get there (in the rain).
bowber

Post by bowber »

Just been to the HISS and went via Dover/Dunkirk, with fuel tolls and accommodation it came to around £700, I think I'd have rather paid the £150 extra and gone via Santander or Bilbao, at least I'd have missed the London area out and put less miles on the van, 1 day sat on a boat reading and a short day traveling along the Spanish Pyrenees V 2 days of French autoroute is no contest.

Steve

Return to “TRAVEL”