Cantabria, Spain

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
mudfacetony

Cantabria, Spain

Post by mudfacetony »

I have a biking holiday planned in Cantabria at the start of June and will also be taking my trail bike with me to take in some trails south of Santander (we will be based on the coast at Noja). I have plotted a circular route using rallynavigator and google maps but not sure how much is legal or off road. Can someone help me with legality of trail riding (I understand the basque region is a bit restrictive so plan to stay in Cantrabria). I have had a look on wikiloc and there do not seem to be many circular routes around 100 miles. Any otherhelp appreciated.
Tonibe63

Re: Cantabria, Spain

Post by Tonibe63 »

I have only ridden the trail from Sotres to Espinima/Fuente Dé which is actually shown as a gravel track-footpath on my Michelin map so not sure if it is legal or not. We did it 2 up on a 1200gs which was a challenge but doable.
The route from Tresviso to Bejes looked rideable but there are 'no motor vehicles' signs at either end plus lots of walkers so we didn't ride it.
That's as much as I know.
Last edited by Tonibe63 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Bimbling my way back to Santander last September I just followed my nose along a few trails with no issues. I stopped for a coffee break which, by coincidence, was the base for these guys...
http://www.virtusoffroad.com/quienessomosen.html
Run by a nice guy who showed me his bikes and workshop. If you have some cash to spare I'm sure he'd be a decent guide.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
biker

Post by biker »

There is best biking roads, Spain but these are mainly tarmac or have a look at dangerous roads Spain there is a mixture there. Whoever you go you will enjoy Spain.
I AM THAT I AM
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

It's only a couple of hours ride to the Navarre region. I'd certainly get a day riding around the trails there. Possibly consider riding the TET east or west a little from there too.
Navarre area...
Just a bit further east on the TET...
And west...
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
BokitoJos

Post by BokitoJos »

Possibly we go Cantabria again May June.
Did beachside San Vincente de la Barquera .
https://www.adventurebikerider.com/foru ... ia#p619388
Netherlands

Return to “TRAVEL”