Henry Cole utterance...

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Trev

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by Trev »

He does come across as a bit of a plonker and his lack of knowledge and some of his comments are cringeworthy. As GSXR (or is that a jizzer?) and Enfield owner he's had me squirming but he seems a decent sort and I would much rather watch even his take on biking than about 95% of the other crap on TV. He does try to get a fair range covered in each programme and, to be fair to him, he's probably got more riding miles under his belt than many so his point of view is as valid as anyone else's. The difference is that he's had the balls/luck/contacts/hard work/focus/whatever to make a living out of his passion and get himself on TV through it. Blimey, I sound like his number one fan, where's my autograph book ; )

Biking is a niche activity and some of us are even more niche within that niche (which for many includes not having the time or inclination to sit in front of the glowing God) so no surprise that telly channels aren't exactly queuing up content aimed at us.
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

I like our 'enry. Can be quite a funny chap at times. Enthusiastic and loves bikes. Great show!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

halfpint

Post by halfpint »

I am glad you like him, I try to make sense of his show but gave up. shed and dead would be a better tittle , can he please stop talking about shit . He needs to go out and ride a hardley worthitson again ,route 66 is one of the greatest bike rides ever , most of it duel road and dead straight . there must be more to :geek: bike riding than that !
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I’ve only seen him once, riding a totally inappropriate Harley in New Zealand and saying how tricky it is to ride there.
It wouldn’t be so bad if you rode a decent bike, for God’s sake!!

NZ is built for sub 100bhp 180kg adventure style bike, in my humble opinion, having driven on 3250 miles of them this year.
Just wish I had had a bike.
GS’s, KTM ADVs etc are too big and heavy away from the ‘main’ roads.

Frankly, he got on my nerves after 15 minutes but I’m sure he’s a nice bloke.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Some of the comments here confirm why I don't watch TV :lol:
one-legged adventurer
geoham

Post by geoham »

aliwakeskate wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:04 pm I like our 'enry. Can be quite a funny chap at times. Enthusiastic and loves bikes. Great show!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I have to agree with you Al. I like him myself. Yes he can come across wrong at times but other times he makes me laugh. As people have said there isn't many biking programmes on the tv.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

boboneleg wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm Some of the comments here confirm why I don't watch TV :lol:
Time is better spent in the shed Bob working on the bikes instead of listening to that feckless twat waffling on :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

diggermanbob wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:52 pm [ listening to that feckless twat waffling on :lol:
Yet more prevarication from Bob. For god's sake, say what you really mean man.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Where do i start with Henry Cole......
He calls a Gixxer a 'Jeezee' and his cornering skills are amazing where he sort of not quite hangs off the bike with his knee stuck out, but strangely keeps the bike totally upright. Then theres last nights episode, saying that adventure bikes were born in the 90's and the Enfield Bullet has 'legendary reliability'.
I find him hilarious, but i'm more laughing at him rather than with him.

But for all his persona as coming across as a bit of a nobhead, he obviously has a passion for motorcycles and he's making a few bob out of it with this and other tv progs of his. So maybe its him having a laugh on us.
Bigdavesmate

Post by Bigdavesmate »

Now... look right Henry, if you ask someone a question now look right, at least having the feckin good manners to wait for their reply ok man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour

Return to “TRAVEL”