Henry Cole utterance...

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
The Sarge

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by The Sarge »

daveuprite wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 pm
The Sarge wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:59 pm Fuck me there are some uptight arseholes on here, he's on telly and talking Bikes, what would you prefer ffs ??
Well I'd prefer a range of well-made biking programs to suit all tastes, but if we can't have that at least one that doesn't only cater for ageing bearded nostalgia-philes, presented by a twat. Not asking for that much really, is it?
I am an ageing bearded nostalgia-phile and prefer Henry to the usual TV drivel, what would you prefen Ant and fucking Dec ??
So he says Jizzzer instaed of Gixxer, who cares, he rides Bikes in nice places and meets interesting people, what's so bad about that?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

The Sarge wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:27 pm
daveuprite wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 pm
The Sarge wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:59 pm Fuck me there are some uptight arseholes on here, he's on telly and talking Bikes, what would you prefer ffs ??
Well I'd prefer a range of well-made biking programs to suit all tastes, but if we can't have that at least one that doesn't only cater for ageing bearded nostalgia-philes, presented by a twat. Not asking for that much really, is it?
I am an ageing bearded nostalgia-phile and prefer Henry to the usual TV drivel, what would you prefen Ant and fucking Dec ??
Glad that you're happy with it Sarge. But why would hating Henry Cole mean that I prefer Ant and Dec? Doesn't follow I'm afraid.

It would just be good to have a bit of choice, that's all. For instance a biking show that doesn't play 'Born to be Wild' by Steppenwolf throughout - that might be nice.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Let me know when the program that you make is due to be aired......I’ll tune in....
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I think it's entirely appropriate that an old beardy guy presents a nostalgia driven program on that ancient technology piped to your house down an aerial or whatnot. Everything else is on You Tube, where all the youngsters (anyone under 40) go.

It's like going to a music hall and complaining there's no wrap music singers (I'm out of my depth here) :oops:
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Relax guys, it could be worse. Imagine Chris Evans presenting..................
Tink

Post by Tink »

It's simple...... Don't watch it if you don't like him 🖕....I think he's different but have grown to like him 👍🍻... That other programme he does shed and buried is good watch😉
Bigdavesmate

Post by Bigdavesmate »

Tink wrote:It's simple...... Don't watch it if you don't like him Image....I think he's different but have grown to like him ImageImage... That other programme he does shed and buried is good watchImage
I’m getting mixed messages here, first you’re telling everyone to “ fuck off”, then you’ve grown to like him when you get pissed and stick your thumb up your arse... then you like his other programme ...ironic wink, which means you don’t. I’m confused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Never heard of the bloke till reading this so took a looksie at one of his vids.......I made it to 34 seconds
I want his Norton
sven

Post by sven »

He hated the fantastic Beartooth Highway, but loves the awful Route 66 :shock:
Tink

Post by Tink »

Bigdavesmate wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:58 pm
Tink wrote:It's simple...... Don't watch it if you don't like him Image....I think he's different but have grown to like him ImageImage... That other programme he does shed and buried is good watchImage
I’m getting mixed messages here, first you’re telling everyone to “ fuck off”, then you’ve grown to like him when you get pissed and stick your thumb up your arse... then you like his other programme ...ironic wink, which means you don’t. I’m confused?

Sorry for the confusion... I meant I wasn't sure of him at first but now I like him 👍.....
Ps.....not tried getting pissed and sticking my finger up my arse, but it sounds like your well clued up about.it
🖕

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “TRAVEL”