Henry Cole utterance...

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
The Sarge
Posts: 1447
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:29 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by The Sarge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:27 pm

daveuprite wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 pm
The Sarge wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:59 pm
Fuck me there are some uptight arseholes on here, he's on telly and talking Bikes, what would you prefer ffs ??
Well I'd prefer a range of well-made biking programs to suit all tastes, but if we can't have that at least one that doesn't only cater for ageing bearded nostalgia-philes, presented by a twat. Not asking for that much really, is it?
I am an ageing bearded nostalgia-phile and prefer Henry to the usual TV drivel, what would you prefen Ant and fucking Dec ??
So he says Jizzzer instaed of Gixxer, who cares, he rides Bikes in nice places and meets interesting people, what's so bad about that?

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
daveuprite
Posts: 2472
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Limousin France
Has thanked: 1117 times
Been thanked: 1468 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by daveuprite » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:41 pm

The Sarge wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:27 pm
daveuprite wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 pm
The Sarge wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:59 pm
Fuck me there are some uptight arseholes on here, he's on telly and talking Bikes, what would you prefer ffs ??
Well I'd prefer a range of well-made biking programs to suit all tastes, but if we can't have that at least one that doesn't only cater for ageing bearded nostalgia-philes, presented by a twat. Not asking for that much really, is it?
I am an ageing bearded nostalgia-phile and prefer Henry to the usual TV drivel, what would you prefen Ant and fucking Dec ??
Glad that you're happy with it Sarge. But why would hating Henry Cole mean that I prefer Ant and Dec? Doesn't follow I'm afraid.

It would just be good to have a bit of choice, that's all. For instance a biking show that doesn't play 'Born to be Wild' by Steppenwolf throughout - that might be nice.

OnHellas
Posts: 2167
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 pm
Location: On the road somewhere.
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 595 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by OnHellas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Let me know when the program that you make is due to be aired......I’ll tune in....

User avatar
DaveCon
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:01 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by DaveCon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06 am

I think it's entirely appropriate that an old beardy guy presents a nostalgia driven program on that ancient technology piped to your house down an aerial or whatnot. Everything else is on You Tube, where all the youngsters (anyone under 40) go.

It's like going to a music hall and complaining there's no wrap music singers (I'm out of my depth here) :oops:

PaulinBont
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:10 am
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by PaulinBont » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:57 am

Relax guys, it could be worse. Imagine Chris Evans presenting..................

Tink
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by Tink » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:30 pm

It's simple...... Don't watch it if you don't like him 🖕....I think he's different but have grown to like him 👍🍻... That other programme he does shed and buried is good watch😉

Bigdavesmate
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by Bigdavesmate » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Tink wrote:It's simple...... Don't watch it if you don't like him Image....I think he's different but have grown to like him ImageImage... That other programme he does shed and buried is good watchImage
I’m getting mixed messages here, first you’re telling everyone to “ fuck off”, then you’ve grown to like him when you get pissed and stick your thumb up your arse... then you like his other programme ...ironic wink, which means you don’t. I’m confused?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour

User avatar
HedgeHopper
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:27 am
Location: Over By There
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by HedgeHopper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:53 pm

Never heard of the bloke till reading this so took a looksie at one of his vids.......I made it to 34 seconds
I want his Norton

sven
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:58 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by sven » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:02 pm

He hated the fantastic Beartooth Highway, but loves the awful Route 66 :shock:

Tink
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Henry Cole utterance...

Post by Tink » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:15 pm

Bigdavesmate wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:58 pm
Tink wrote:It's simple...... Don't watch it if you don't like him Image....I think he's different but have grown to like him ImageImage... That other programme he does shed and buried is good watchImage
I’m getting mixed messages here, first you’re telling everyone to “ fuck off”, then you’ve grown to like him when you get pissed and stick your thumb up your arse... then you like his other programme ...ironic wink, which means you don’t. I’m confused?

Sorry for the confusion... I meant I wasn't sure of him at first but now I like him 👍.....
Ps.....not tried getting pissed and sticking my finger up my arse, but it sounds like your well clued up about.it
🖕


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Return to “TRAVEL”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests