Nordkapp, should I?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
dubber68

Re: Nordkapp, should I?

Post by dubber68 »

Cheers Austin pretty much as I Thought. The speed thing does worry me and I am considering which bike would be best to help me control my right hand :D . Ideally I would like to ride the S10 most of the way and switch when I got to Norway to either of the small beemers or the 250.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

AustinW wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Bad things.... it’s very expensive. You know that of course, but it is proper pricey. It got to me in the end and we ended up wanting to leave the country so we could afford a few of the little things we like - beer, chocolate, coffee. Speed limits - low and fines are humungous. You can still get a bit of a wiggle on if you want as there’s lots of remote roads but the prospect of prison or a huge fine for what we would consider a relatively minor transgression puts a damper on things.
I know exactly what you mean, and I live here... :? :?
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

dubber68 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:31 pm Cheers Austin pretty much as I Thought. The speed thing does worry me and I am considering which bike would be best to help me control my right hand :D . Ideally I would like to ride the S10 most of the way and switch when I got to Norway to either of the small beemers or the 250.

Don’t worry about the speed thing, you’ll find that everyone sticks to the speed limits, if you do as well you won’t be catching up with other traffic and having to do overtakes, just relax and take it all in; you’ve gone to see the sights so dont go racing to the next destination, just ride until you feel you’ve had enough for the day and then look for accommodation rather than setting goals.
A wise man once said to me:- “if you have to get to somewhere then it becomes a chore rather than a journey” (or something like that)
Also, have a look at the ‘best biking roads’ website and try to incorporate a couple of the routes. One of the best roads I’ve ever ridden was found by my travel companion using the site, I’ll look it up and come back to you...
60B46C3B-140B-4D4A-B61D-DFC84CEA7630.jpeg
60B46C3B-140B-4D4A-B61D-DFC84CEA7630.jpeg (229.45 KiB) Viewed 1405 times

Edit. It was the 806 from Korgen onto the 73 back towards the E6 at Trofors.

Return to “TRAVEL”