Trip suggestions for Europe.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Brian H

Trip suggestions for Europe.

Post by Brian H »

Off to play in Europe in July,heading towards Cortina del Ampezzo in Italy.Normally go to Reims,Grenoble to play in the Alps.But fancy going Belgium ,Germany,Austria.Get sooo bored with the French tolls.We have done the B500 before.Like the long sweeping bends,like to cover the distance..Any suggestions about routes good places to stay.We dont do camping ,after riding all day like a shower and comfy bed...:)
Many thanks
Attachments
PhotoArt_01252014150528~2.jpg
PhotoArt_01252014150528~2.jpg (138.84 KiB) Viewed 2763 times
herman

Re: Trip suggestions for Europe.

Post by herman »

http://www.pensionhausmaria.com Ali and Denise are spot on and can recommend routes, etc. Rocroi and Revin in the Ardennes on the way have some good hotels and history, etc.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

"Ali From Austria" on this forum has a great place to stay at www.pensionhausmaria.com I stayed about 3 years ago for six nights.Plenty of day runs in the area like Grossglockner,the lakes and Nockalmstrasse.
You just beat me to it Herman,I was just typing the same! :)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

You'll need to build extra days in if you're going to ride these slow bikes...
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

Get to Wurzburg and head south on the Romantic Route then pick up the German Alpine Road east to Berchtesgaden. Then into Austria off motorway down to Klagenfurt via the Nockalm Strasse, over the Loibl Pass into Slovenia then west via the Vrisic and Predl Passes into Italy.
Lebby

Post by Lebby »

sprintster wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:57 pm "Ali From Austria" on this forum has a great place to stay at www.pensionhausmaria.com I stayed about 3 years ago for six nights.Plenty of day runs in the area like Grossglockner,the lakes and Nockalmstrasse.
You just beat me to it Herman,I was just typing the same! :)
Cannot recomend Ali and Denise highly enough, i have stayed there on 3 occations now. Ali's knowledge of routes are vast and if needed an excellent tour guide too. i have rode with Ali for many years in Austria and here in the UK, Haus Maria is a comfortable and welcome place to stay, Ali and Denise make you feel most welcome and a relaxing athmosphere.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

We did a tour to Cortina and back in 2015, taking 6 days, and it was awesome. There were 15 of us and it was 'hard, fast riding everyday 8-) .
These are the locations we stayed in: Folkestone, Labaroche France, Zams Austria, Cortina Italy, and the same on the way back (but a different hotel in Austria) and we didn't stay in Folkestone on the way back but cracked on home to Aylesbury (which was a long day).

This route took in part of the Vosges, the outskirts of the Black Forest, the Timmelsjoch pass, Lake Konstanz, amongst others 8-) .

It was 1600 miles. The only motorway bit was the first part of France, heading out of Calais.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Return to “TRAVEL”