Motorcycle Parking at Stansted Airport

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
OB1

Motorcycle Parking at Stansted Airport

Post by OB1 »

Next week, I'm off to Qatar for the opening round of the MotoGP (50 birthday present from my mum and sister). I'm flying from Stansted and, like most of us don't like spending money when I don't have to. Parking a car at the airport costs from £50 and, from previous experience, I was expecting to be able to park my bike there for free... however, they have now introduced a charge for motorcycle parking... yep, "rip off Britain" strikes again!

So, lets try to book a motorcycle parking space on the website... nope... the only option you have is to park a car. There's a telephone number (amazingly free) that you can call, so I do that and, after listening to over a minute of recorded announcements about stuff that I have no interest in, I get through to someone who tells me that I can't book a motorcycle parking space with them and that they'll put me through to the correct department... great! Another minute of the same recorded information and it goes to an answer phone message asking to leave your number and they'll call back. Well, I did and they didn't... for three days I kept leaving messages but no one called back.

Finally, this lunchtime, I got a call back and sorted out the booking. Whilst on the phone to the (very nice) chap, I did ask why I was unable to book a motorcycle space via the website: his explanation was that the system couldn't distinguish a motorcycle from a car... funny how every other similar system (ferry booking, etc.) can.

After the call I tried to leave feedback on the Stansted Airport website... click the link to leave feedback... Error Code 503 Service Unavailable...
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
DanielS

Re: Motorcycle Parking at Stansted Airport

Post by DanielS »

You're off to Qatar for the MotoGP, stop whinging!

:D

Just kidding, I feel your pain. Common sense is lacking as is any sort of joined up thinking sometimes. Have a great time!
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

but will your bike be there on return ?
OB1

Post by OB1 »

halfpint wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 pm but will your bike be there on return ?

It always has been in the past!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Pity its not like so many municipal car parks where they use a barrier and ticket exit method, and of course with a bike, you just ride around it.

Or even better, they have a "cycle" lane :mrgreen:
lenny2013

Post by lenny2013 »

Hi

Here at Stansted Airport we have been operating a Meet and Greet parking company for thirteen years called Stansted Easy Parking / Orange parking Stansted! Please take the time to review us.

We have had a number of motorcyclists phone us regarding parking and we have obliged only because we operate out of a secure undercover facility.

With that said we have decided to now offer undercover parking at £5.00 per day! you can walk to the terminal as we are only 0.7 of a mile away or you can pay £1.00 each way per person and we will drop you and pick you up.

Our facility is very secure and maned 20 hrs a day from 04:00 to 23:45.

All bikes are parked within a storage area within the unit itself and locked so you can leave all your personal belongings without the worry.

To make a booking email us [email protected] or give us a call.

I myself am a avid motorcyclist and have a number of bikes mainly Indians Scout/Chief. so I am fully aware of the importance of looking after your pride and joy.

Kind regards
Nick
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Man with a car to take you and bring you back.
In the overall scheme of things it’s the easiest solution if not the cheapest.
Have a bit of comfort/luxury.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “TRAVEL”