bike shipping

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
mr fish

bike shipping

Post by mr fish »

Hello
Im probably off to USA in the summer for around 3 weeks , I've been before but have always rented but to rent a GS for 3 weeks is around £3000 so i just wondered if anyone has shipped there bike to the USA and was it worth the hassle ?

Plus i can ride mine into mexico if i want
Sgt Bilco

Re: bike shipping

Post by Sgt Bilco »

I've been shipping mine for around 13 years and now put containers on for trips. I probably ship 20 bikes a year there and back.

It's fairly hassle free and well worth it in my opinion especially as you are going for a few weeks. Mothing better than having your own bike to ride.

If you need help, advice, want me to quote etc etc just let me know.
mr fish

Post by mr fish »

Sgt Bilco wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 pm I've been shipping mine for around 13 years and now put containers on for trips. I probably ship 20 bikes a year there and back.

It's fairly hassle free and well worth it in my opinion especially as you are going for a few weeks. Mothing better than having your own bike to ride.

Once I find out the exact dates (its a youtube event) i will most certainly be asking , thanks for the advice mate
mr fish

Post by mr fish »

looking at my trip it seems it would have to be flown to the east coast then shipped from the west coast 3 weeks later (riding east to west) , I'm guessing this maybe expensive and logistically a bit much for 3 weeks , is this the normal route or am i missing something ?
Sgt Bilco wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 pm I've been shipping mine for around 13 years and now put containers on for trips. I probably ship 20 bikes a year there and back.

Return to “TRAVEL”