Plans for 2018?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
paul_tim2000

Re: Plans for 2018?

Post by paul_tim2000 »

Going to make it to Italy this summer after being sidelined with mechanical problems last summer.

Want to do some weekend camping trips in the UK to get back into the swing of it.

Might take a quick trip back to Ireland (lived in Galway for 13 years) to revisit some old haunts at some point
herman

Post by herman »

Nothing planned as yet as I am just that kind of spontaneous fun loving guy :roll: Pyrenees at some point probably but I cant even decide what bike , go twice I guess :D The wife flying out and me meeting her in Dubrovnik worked really well so might try that again but I keep eyeing St Petersburg and she is not so keen being a sun lover, choices, choices .
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
sven

Post by sven »

No bike trips planned yet, but I’ve booked a 17 day trip to California and the south west USA in June in a Corvette Stingray 8-)

It’s my wife’s 50th in September ( :shock: ), so I’ve also booked a trip to Athens as it’s at top of her bucket list
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

I plan to ride more,had a quiet year by my usual bike standards,did have a good 18 days away visiting family in australia but that was not bike related at all,i would love to do the TT but ive been so impressed with the Irish road racing stuff ive postponed the IOM visit more than once.

8-)
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

sprintster wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:11 pm Now that I'm all sorted with a trailer for my bike I've now decided to head for Norway for our summer holidays.Camping all the way with a bit of luxury like a proper air bed and plenty of room to carry a few boxes of wine to cut down on costs!
Usually when I've travelled abroad before I've been on my own and happy to blast along all day putting in big miles but only getting a fleeting glance at the scenery.I'm taking my girlfriend abroad on a bike for the first time this year though and I think I'm at the stage now where I will be happy to take my time,just relaxing and having plenty of stops and not do great mileages.The plan is to stay around the fjord region and stay put for two nights at a time so the following day we can get in a mountain hike.Something else that wasn't really possible before I got the trailer. :)
Sod it,I'm not good at relaxing and taking it easy! Change of plans again after reading an article in Bike from a guy who rode to Nordkapp.He's been all over the world and reckons the roads up north are the best in the world.We've only got 9 and a half days in Norway so won't manage Nordkapp but the plan now is to at least make it to the arctic circle.6 days riding up through the fjords and along the coast to Bodo and 3 and a half days back down to Oslo seems doable. :D
Last edited by sprintster on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

On the hope list (because work or family have an uncanny knack of buggering my plans up ) -

Yorkshire Treffen in February
(My) Cumbrian rally in May
NC500 in June
Normandy in summer hols (family in car with Africa Twin on trailer) to stay with Heavy who I met on a European trip
Bushcraft weekends in the woods chilling in my hammock

Gotta be a cheap year as have more outgoings than incomings at the moment so have told the family there's no Canary Island holiday this year hence I am now Evil Dad in our household

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sgt Bilco

Post by Sgt Bilco »

Lets see now:

South Coast of Ireland for a long weekend in April
Cookstown 100 whenever that is this year. My mate books it and I just turn up :D
4 week trip to Alaska in July
Portugal in September
A few bike/camping weekends if I can get them in.
Preparing for a South America trip in January 19

Better start planning.......... :o
m4ckk13

Post by m4ckk13 »

Boggs wrote:I plan to ride more,had a quiet year by my usual bike standards,did have a good 18 days away visiting family in australia but that was not bike related at all,i would love to do the TT but ive been so impressed with the Irish road racing stuff ive postponed the IOM visit more than once.

8-)
Two of us sailing from Fishguard to Rosslare then up the west coast of Ireland to Portrush for the North West 200. Then ride to Belfast for ferry to Liverpool.
Was going to TT, been a few times and always put deposit down for the following year... Selling deposit if anyone interested?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

A lot of the Summer in North Wales.
A trip to the S of France with a week in Anduze in the middle.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

A 3 week trip planned for July for 3 of us.
Hull > Rotterdam ferry already booked - one way.
Then into Germany and down to Rome, via the Alps, to stay with a friend. 2 of us then carry on to Bari and across to Dubrovnik.

Back via Croatia touching on Montenegro & Bosnia. If all goes to plan through Slovenia and maybe clipping Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland & Germany.
Or we may do Slovenia then The Dolomites and back that way.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith

Return to “TRAVEL”