EDC Pyrénées; Aragon/Navarre, Spain, 2018. Open invite for FREE on/off road guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
WIBO

EDC Pyrénées; Aragon/Navarre, Spain, 2018. Open invite for FREE on/off road guided tour.

Post by WIBO »

The EDC are planning a ride out come the Spring to ride the plethora of free trails in the regions as mentioned as above.

We'll be trying for about end of April or May times to start off with, as Julien from Mareseiille should be over visiting then. We have to take into account any typical and seasonal weather.

If anyone finds themselves in the region at the same time, by all means tag along.

There's a "possibility" that there'll be my Land Rover Defender for back up with a Sankey trailer along with tools/compressor etc to cover break downs etc.

Rather than just riding I thought if we had a bit of an objective of places to be and things to see. If we don't arrive to where's listed so beit.

There's two ideas so far....with the second well south.

Initially we'll can ride the first loop,with as much trail riding as possible,to visit Bassellla moto museum, This would find ourselves south of Andorra to ride and return via The Smugglers Trail.

Museum,which is excellent.

http://www.museumoto.com/en/museus/8/ba ... cle-museum

The second loop idea is to ride more south to visit the old film sets of the spaghetti westerns ( and other film sets) Again, as an objective, and to take its the Guns of Mazarron if possible, in Murcia.

Guns info

https://wanderwisdom.com/travel-destina ... rcia-spain

There's also the Naval Museum in Cartagena,close by.

http://www.submarinoperal.com/museo-nav ... rtagena-2/

We'll throw in camping and cheap, clean, back street hotels as a second option depending where we end up en route.

As the majority of the trails are easy, hard pack going they will be suitable for most riders to tag along and enjoy the free trails that Spain has to offer.

If there's a lot of riders we'll simply ride off in small bunches twenty or so minutes apart to take the bad look off it.

A few will recognise this oldie....a 'Then and Now' of different scenes from a Few Dollars More.

I'll update the invite with dates etc as it comes into my head......usually after a bottle of red.

:D

Last edited by WIBO on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Will It Buff Out?
WillS

Re: EDC Pyrénées/Aragon/Navarre/ Spain,2018. Open invite for FREE on/off road guided tour.

Post by WillS »

Great video of the movie locations!! :D
Neil M

Re: EDC Pyrénées/Aragon/Navarre/ Spain,2018. Open invite for FREE on/off road guided tour.

Post by Neil M »

That looks a great trip, but I'm already booked to go there in June. One day I'll ride with the EDC👍
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Nice web site Wibo...lets hope the snow is gone by spring unlike this year :lol: :lol:

best of luck
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Initially try for SOME of this this route.........I'll research to see what there is in the way of connecting trails to Bassalla and back to the trails.

https://www.visugpx.com/FSaUnA4YEA

Unknown-1.png
Unknown-1.png (537.77 KiB) Viewed 3380 times

Unknown-2.png
Unknown-2.png (561.91 KiB) Viewed 3380 times

Unknown.png
Unknown.png (395.85 KiB) Viewed 3380 times

Last edited by WIBO on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

That route is shite Kieth ......4 lane highway i wouldn't both guys :twisted:

ImageIMG_3117 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3152 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3240 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3243 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

ImageRB 1x2 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

http://www.madmonkeyhostels.com/wp-cont ... -Image.jpg
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

:lol: :lol:

Great stuff.... :D

:D

Will It Buff Out?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I do like a bite of moterway riding so i'll probably tag along :lol: got to build a house in the UcK in April , 2 week work but lets us know the dates when you know mate
Phil

ps ....should have used the bridge :lol:
ImageIMG_3255 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Great route wibo....how long do yo think to complete it allowing for pictures and would you be camping ......the pyreness is my favorite destination after france of coarse :D

Return to “TRAVEL”