Share shipping from Europe to Central Asia early May 2018 - Bishkek -

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Caetano

Share shipping from Europe to Central Asia early May 2018 - Bishkek -

Post by Caetano »

My project : I'm proposing shared shipping of your bike to Central Asia early May.

For my next trip to Central Asia, I have convinced a specialized carrier, (several years experience in the routing of motorcycles to Kyrgyzstan) to organize an additional rotation, early in the season (plan your bike will be picked up at home or nearby mid-April , and delivered from May 2nd in Bishkek.
Keep in mind that a Paris-Bishkek flight costs less than 350 €! (Pegasus or Turkish Airlines, with stopover in Istanbul)

Why is this timing ideal?

On several destinations of Central Asia, the climate will be better and milder in May. Let's see in detail ...

Uzbekistan: The best seasons to visit are spring and autumn, to avoid the typical climate extremes of the country. April and October are best in most of the country (Tashkent, Samarkand, Fergana Valley), and the periods from mid-April to mid-May and from mid-September to mid-October in the northwest (the Aral Sea).

Turkmenistan: The best times to visit are the intermediate seasons, to avoid the typical extreme temperatures of the country. Especially the months of April and October, taking into account that it can still be cold at night, especially in north, and warm during the day, especially in the south. In the capital and in the south, where the heat comes earlier and lasts longer, you can choose the periods from mid-March to mid-April and from mid-October to mid-November.

Kazakhstan: In the north, which includes Astana, in summer from June to August the average temperatures are pleasantly warm, but there may be heat waves, with peaks around 40 degrees. In the center and the south the heat of the summer is more frequent and often becomes overwhelming, so you can prefer spring and autumn, and especially from mid-April to mid-May, and the second half of September. By mid-April and mid-September, you can usually find acceptable conditions across the country.

https://servimg.com/view/19332659/751

Kyrgyzstan: To visit the main cities and the lowlands, the best times are the half-seasons, especially the months of April-May and September-October. Considering the variability of the climate and the daily thermal amplitude, April and October can be cold at night, and May and September can be hot during the day: you can choose the periods of the mid -April in mid-May and mid-September to mid-October). To visit the high altitude areas, summer is preferable, from May to September around 2,000 meters, and from June to August above 3,000 meters, as they are the only periods when the temperature rises above zero .

Tajikistan: The best times to visit are the intermediate seasons, especially the months of April and October, which can help you avoid extreme weather conditions. Between the two, October is better because it is less rainy, especially in Dushanbe and in areas that are not desert, but even in these two months it can be a little cold at night and hot in the day. For high-altitude trips, summer is better as it's the only season where the temperature rises above zero.

Of all the advice I received from the travelers I met, I recall three main things:
- Everyone complains of having gone too fast in fabulous landscapes
-The Pamir crossing is preferable in June, rather than July-August
-Uzbekistan is a furnace in the summer.

For all details of organization, consult this site, available in several languages : http://advfactory.com/vehicle-transport/

And for the credentials of this carrier, I refer you to the blog of Maria Robinson http://franglais-riders.blogspot.fr/201 ... arsaw.html

We are already three, not enough to charter a truck. Around ten bikes are needed to carry out this project. And the sooner this condition will be realized, the better, so join us, whatever your project.
This announcement will appear in English simultaneously on the Horizons Unlimited and Caravanistan websites.

MP welcome, but after reading the carrier's website, which answers a Max of legitimate questions that you are wondering ...

Feel free to transfer the info to your friends who may be interested but not attending these forums ...

Return to “TRAVEL”