EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
micksea

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by micksea »

nice one steve,you seem to have left it until the last minute but you"ve got it all sorted by the looks of things,hardest part will be cramming everything into the luggage although 60 litres of space should be enough.
Griff097

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by Griff097 »

micksea wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:49 am nice one steve,you seem to have left it until the last minute but you"ve got it all sorted by the looks of things,hardest part will be cramming everything into the luggage although 60 litres of space should be enough.
Last minute would be me just ordered a load of kit from rugged roads which will need fitting next week some time!
micksea

Post by micksea »

no pressure then :D loads of kit??????
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

micksea wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:52 pm no pressure then :D loads of kit??????
[/quote
just finished welding the rack , gonna swap the tyres off the ktm as they were bought for this trip then wire up an accessary charge point & the garmin & a tool tube & someting to stop the exhaust setting my magadans alight.....but that can all wait till tomorrw as im just going out to get bladdered & be telling anyone that'll listen what a great adventure rider i am ................
Last edited by chubbyhooker on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

7C8CD917-8B45-4D08-8699-6FE5F7C4BFB8.jpeg
7C8CD917-8B45-4D08-8699-6FE5F7C4BFB8.jpeg (216.76 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
Got myself a load of these tablets put a few drops of water on them & they swell up & open up to be a hand/face or ass wipe the same size as an iPad much much less room than a few bog rolls ....... but if you’ve no water you’ll have to use it to scrape it out ..... I’ve loads spare if anyone wants them
& before halfpint says anything I’m talking about The tablet not my keys 😂😂😂
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

make great butt plugs when you get the shits .put in dry and feel it grow .......... nice one chub
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

micksea wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:52 pm no pressure then :D loads of kit??????
New chain and sprockets as I couldn't get spare links for the OEM and altered the gearing slightly, new fork springs and oil, a chain oiler kit, got a pair of tyres to fit and alter/weld up the rear rack to fit a tool tube.

The practical stuff I can deal with, but I bought a Zumo 550 last year and can't work out how to get any mapping into it, been looking at basecamp etc and it confuses me! Also got to wire up the cradle for that :)
micksea

Post by micksea »

not much to do then :lol:
SteveRST

Post by SteveRST »

Griff097 wrote:The practical stuff I can deal with, but I bought a Zumo 550 last year and can't work out how to get any mapping into it, been looking at basecamp etc and it confuses me!
Warning re Basecamp! The latest version of basecamp has a bug and doesn't transfer the map to the satnav properly. Read this for more info https://openmtbmap.org/tutorials/basecamp-4-7-0/

Being totally new to basecamp and the satnav itself (zumo 595) this confused the hell out of me when trying to install the OSM Morocco map. It said it was on the satnav but when u zoomed in anywhere there was no detail! Took me hours to work out. Downgraded base camp version and all worked as expected.
Mactavish

Post by Mactavish »

Think I'll be fitting a relay in the morning!! Left the heated grips on as was testing them out and forgot to turn them off !! Feck Feck Feck ! :roll:

Return to “TRAVEL”