EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
micksea

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by micksea »

Better to learn the lesson at home,you won't do that again :D not long now!!!!!
WIBO

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by WIBO »

I'll post up the Spanish hotel rendezvous once I book it.

I'll go get moto stuff tomorrow with Bertin, the French ride going on the AT

Yip....not long now.

:D
Will It Buff Out?
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

SteveRST wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:37 pm
Griff097 wrote:The practical stuff I can deal with, but I bought a Zumo 550 last year and can't work out how to get any mapping into it, been looking at basecamp etc and it confuses me!
Warning re Basecamp! The latest version of basecamp has a bug and doesn't transfer the map to the satnav properly. Read this for more info https://openmtbmap.org/tutorials/basecamp-4-7-0/

Being totally new to basecamp and the satnav itself (zumo 595) this confused the hell out of me when trying to install the OSM Morocco map. It said it was on the satnav but when u zoomed in anywhere there was no detail! Took me hours to work out. Downgraded base camp version and all worked as expected.
Can anyone point an idiot to an idiots guide as to how to get maps and then routes into a Garmin, please?

I have signed up for OS mapping and previously tried to get OSM, but couldn't retrieve the email files they sent let alone get as far as installing to the device, help!
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

My Montana has a SD Card...I used Basecamp to export the files to that card via Map Manager as far as I can recalL . I might even gave just dragged and dropped the OSM stuff from my desk top into a Garmin Folder in the card. It's been a while. I'm a bit rusty.

I don't know if you do that with your GPS...what model is it?
Will It Buff Out?
micksea

Post by micksea »

Reading through the OP it seems we will be camping for four nights in Morocco,is this the final plan?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Roger just read your post and pinged me this from Portugal where he’s staying in a five star hotel ...,the butler was drawing his bath and he couldn’t be bothered logging in to ABR

http://wouter.shush.com/2014/02/15/open ... -zumo-660/

Last edited by WIBO on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

micksea wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 am Reading through the OP it seems we will be camping for four nights in Morocco,is this the final plan?
Good morning Mick

Yes four nights so far. If, something untoward occurs, e.g. a couple of punctures that keeps us late, we'll find a place before sunset and we'll camp. Through the days we'll always stop for water in any of the numerous village shops and we'll have two meals at any one time, dinner and breakfast.from the same shops.

I'l check for an hotel in Spain, Merzouga and Zagora later today once I return from the moto shop, and post up any updates on the Route Plan.

You're ready to go more or less?

Will It Buff Out?
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

It’s 4 and a 1/2 star at best water was at least a degree off !!
Hope all the prep work is going well lads I did a couple of hrs of trails last night very good 👍🏻
8984CD47-8CB5-4AC3-B538-63D887D6E48F.jpeg
8984CD47-8CB5-4AC3-B538-63D887D6E48F.jpeg (192.74 KiB) Viewed 2851 times
micksea

Post by micksea »

My bike has been fuelled up with full luggage fitted for a week.i thought we were camping for seven nights so I just need to remove a couple of dried meals,put my phone in my jacket pocket and set off :D not wanting to appear over eager or anything 8-)
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Yip .. one can go overboard on food packing ...the locals eat so we’ll eat from their shops too.

Check page one route .. hotel booked in Zagora dates and prices ... I’ll put up GPS cords later for same
Will It Buff Out?

Return to “TRAVEL”