EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
scotsy

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by scotsy »

i cannot join this trip now but may do in the future
ian.
WIBO

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by WIBO »

No problem at all...

Ride safe

:D

Will It Buff Out?
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

halfpint wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm well as the time draws near the bike wont start or do feck all . some where in them electric are my problems . now its total strip down time or just buy another bike and sort the yamaha on return. so bmw 310 gs it is . it even has a half decent seat and rack .
Shit just been out & backfiring & farting on deceleration even on gear change .& I’m of to work away for a week or so ............ time for me to panic
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

chubbyhooker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:54 am
halfpint wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm well as the time draws near the bike wont start or do feck all . some where in them electric are my problems . now its total strip down time or just buy another bike and sort the yamaha on return. so bmw 310 gs it is . it even has a half decent seat and rack .
Shit just been out & backfiring & farting on deceleration even on gear change .& I’m of to work away for a week or so ............ time for me to panic
Old fuel will make for poor running, but if it's mainly on the over run, look for air leaks on the exhaust joints as that will do it, has the exhaust had a knock and maybe the headers slightly twisted etc?
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

Griff097 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:38 am
chubbyhooker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:54 am
Old fuel will make for poor running, but if it's mainly on the over run, look for air leaks on the exhaust joints as that will do it, has the exhaust had a knock and maybe the headers slightly twisted etc?
No Steve been riding weekly fuel wise , nothings happened as in knocks etc , seems ok leaks wise although did get a tweak on the exhaust studs but still the same , ticks over lovely but after about a mile I can hear the exhaust tone change & that’s when it starts but only on deceleration & still wants to pull a bit when I’ve throttled off ? I’ve got it booked in a local bike shop next fri but will try to get it booked into Trever pope KTM instead if I can
I’m off to Aberdare & Cardiff in the morning ( mon) I’ll be there untill thurs night give me a text when you’re about & I’ll pop over but I’ve lost most of the numbers off my phone during a reset so even if a name & number is on the phone it’ll only show a number on the txt so I have to keep asking who it is
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

so is that the 690 then ?, come on chubs sort it out and remember a split link . started fitting bits to the 310 today , cant wait to get on the ferry . mick is perfecting the new honda sand plough ,never even ask about his frunk it upsets him !!!!
roberteagle6

Post by roberteagle6 »

Hi Keith, I am not sure whether you received my email, but the neck injury did not heal so I underwent spinal surgery on 30th June. I seem to be recovering pretty well, but common sense (of which I have little) dictates that the trip would be perhaps pushing me luck ! So reluctantly I will not be joining you this year, have a great time and I look forward to seeing your ride commentary/reports/appraisal of the 2018 Goats - lol.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Glad to see your on the mend Bob,you take it easy and listen to your body,safe road riding ☺
BobH

Post by BobH »

Take it easy Bob and hope your fully recovered soon.
micksea

Post by micksea »

hello keith,just sorting my customs docs,can you confirm the port of entry please? would hate to presume and get it wrong.Also you quote hotel/ferry prices in euros,can we pay with euros in morroc or is that just your guesstimate and we actually have to use dibdabs? TIA

Return to “TRAVEL”