EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
WIBO

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by WIBO »

Hi Mick

Port of entry Nador... .. port returning Tanger Med.... if anything changes we can just fill it out in pen on the day ....you can usually pay in euros but it’s easier just to take dirhams out of an ATM ...

I’ll be working on routes tonight to hone them ....

Keep at it !!!

😁
Will It Buff Out?
micksea

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by micksea »

Thanks Keith,I would have presumed wrong :D I'll try again today with the customs docs. When I went to the print option I kept getting a plain black sheet then it progressed no further :shock:
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

One word..... Maroc... :D

That's the start of it :D

:D
Will It Buff Out?
micksea

Post by micksea »

chubbyhooker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Griff097 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:38 am
chubbyhooker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:54 am
halfpint wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm well as the time draws near the bike wont start or do feck all . some where in them electric are my problems . now its total strip down time or just buy another bike and sort the yamaha on return. so bmw 310 gs it is . it even has a half decent seat and rack .
Shit just been out & backfiring & farting on deceleration even on gear change .& I’m of to work away for a week or so ............ time for me to panic
Old fuel will make for poor running, but if it's mainly on the over run, look for air leaks on the exhaust joints as that will do it, has the exhaust had a knock and maybe the headers slightly twisted etc?
No Steve been riding weekly fuel wise , nothings happened as in knocks etc , seems ok leaks wise although did get a tweak on the exhaust studs but still the same , ticks over lovely but after about a mile I can hear the exhaust tone change & that’s when it starts but only on deceleration & still wants to pull a bit when I’ve throttled off ? I’ve got it booked in a local bike shop next fri but will try to get it booked into Trever pope KTM instead if I can
I’m off to Aberdare & Cardiff in the morning ( mon) I’ll be there untill thurs night give me a text when you’re about & I’ll pop over but I’ve lost most of the numbers off my phone during a reset so even if a name & number is on the phone it’ll only show a number on the txt so I have to keep asking who it is
:) phone trouble...bits falling off the bike.....last minute panicking....We wouldn't expect anything less from you martin.looking forward to a couple of weeks of chaos with you and the cockerney geezer
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

chubbyhooker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Griff097 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:38 am
chubbyhooker wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:54 am
halfpint wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm well as the time draws near the bike wont start or do feck all . some where in them electric are my problems . now its total strip down time or just buy another bike and sort the yamaha on return. so bmw 310 gs it is . it even has a half decent seat and rack .
Shit just been out & backfiring & farting on deceleration even on gear change .& I’m of to work away for a week or so ............ time for me to panic
Old fuel will make for poor running, but if it's mainly on the over run, look for air leaks on the exhaust joints as that will do it, has the exhaust had a knock and maybe the headers slightly twisted etc?
No Steve been riding weekly fuel wise , nothings happened as in knocks etc , seems ok leaks wise although did get a tweak on the exhaust studs but still the same , ticks over lovely but after about a mile I can hear the exhaust tone change & that’s when it starts but only on deceleration & still wants to pull a bit when I’ve throttled off ? I’ve got it booked in a local bike shop next fri but will try to get it booked into Trever pope KTM instead if I can
I’m off to Aberdare & Cardiff in the morning ( mon) I’ll be there untill thurs night give me a text when you’re about & I’ll pop over but I’ve lost most of the numbers off my phone during a reset so even if a name & number is on the phone it’ll only show a number on the txt so I have to keep asking who it is
I’ve just seen this post and from my experience with a 690 I’d say try a regulator/rectifier.
I had an ‘09 Enduro R and those symptoms happened twice. Both times sorted by a reg/rec.
I maybe wide of the mark but it’s worth trying. Especially if someone can lend you one.
Good luck and enjoy Morocco.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Two more friends from Scotland have signed up.....they'll possibly van their motos down to my house beforehand.

Page One updated. I'm still working to see if we can squeeze more off roading in....There's a few annoying loose,long,rocky, and tedious routes I could factor in south of Zagora and which would allow parallel road riding if no one wanted to ride the piste......stand by.

For information purposes.

Last edited by WIBO on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
BobH

Post by BobH »

Looks good Keith, thanks. Just have to put on new chain and new rubber and ready to go. I may even get a new tube in honour of the trip :lol:
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Hi Bob!!!!

Great stuff!

I'll throw in a front tube and check my chain kit over. I'll carry out the usual oil/filter er change and change out my coolant.

After that the old girl is ready to go!

If I can I'll try and get us over the High Atlas route to avoid the vampire giraffes....they're afraid of heights

Keep at it!!

baaaaaaaa
Will It Buff Out?
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

WIBO wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:16 pm Two more friends from Scotland have signed up.....they'll possibly van their motos down to my house beforehand.

Page One updated. I'm still working to see if we can squeeze more off roading in....There's a few annoying loose,long,rocky, and tedious routes I could factor in south of Zagora and which would allow parallel road riding if no one wanted to ride the piste......stand by.

For information purposes.

More off road and less Scotts sounds good :)
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Almost there....a couple more evenings should have it sorted. There's an absolutely cracking and very scenic road ride to try and squeeze in too if I can.

I'll look for final numbers soon too so as I can book something on the first night in Spain and for the hotels in Merzouga and Zagora.

Stand by

Will It Buff Out?

Return to “TRAVEL”