stella alpina 2018

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Griff097

Re: stella alpina 2018

Post by Griff097 »

I have been meaning to go for years, are there many from Abr going?
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

If the snow is still up there, chances are you will still get up to the first plateau. On the dirt its an easyish run up to the Bridge, then up to the camping area and waterfall. Then a set of hairpins up to the plateau which you can get up to most of the time. Then on again up the final set of hairpins to the lake and top. In 10 times I think I have only not got up to the plateau once. Make sure you reach the small van selling the badges as it is embarrasing if you cant get that far!! You will love it. Enjoy!
cliffy323

Post by cliffy323 »

I'm going this year for the first time. :D .We're going to make it a family holiday so going to put the bike on a trailer behind the motorhome to get there.My plans are to get a pass out to ride the Alpina on the Sunday and if i'm very lucky get back out on the Monday to do a few of the local tracks.Two questions relating to this plan. First question ,what the best route into the area from France with motorhome and trailer? and second question . Does anyone else ride the tracks on monday? I'm sure i read somewhere people meet and ride out.Any information would be gratefully received. Thanks cliff
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Return to “TRAVEL”