Catalunya, Spain, 1st October

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
AlanHolt

Re: Catalunya, Spain, 1st October

Post by AlanHolt »

The Catalan government stated they want independence in the form of a republic, so not a complete break away from Spain, but detached from Madrid.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_ST ... 626_en.htm

So arguing with Britain over EU citizens rights after Brexit is not an Internal affair of Britain ? :?

What about Poland and it's forest's and it's plans for internal controls ? is that not internal business ?

Looks like they are happy to see punishment dish out for trying to break away from their little project,

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Al What's the thoughts out there now after the speech ?

hope you are keeping well

cheers Spud ;)

AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Its a very nervous time here. It feels like a military invasion at times. Catalunya has always felt quite relaxed and safe, now everywhere seems to have a Guardia Police (its difficult to differentiate at times now between the Guardia Civil and National Police) presence. I met my parents at Reus airport today, and instead of the usual police presence of one local police car and one Mossos police car, the two regulars were shadowed by 3 riot vans and 8 or 9 Guardia and National police vehicles. I really don't know what to expect over the coming weeks, neither side will concede, and as my Serbian friends who have been through something similar have told me, you can't have independence without violence.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

AlanHolt wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 pm Its a very nervous time here. It feels like a military invasion at times. Catalunya has always felt quite relaxed and safe, now everywhere seems to have a Guardia Police (its difficult to differentiate at times now between the Guardia Civil and National Police) presence. I met my parents at Reus airport today, and instead of the usual police presence of one local police car and one Mossos police car, the two regulars were shadowed by 3 riot vans and 8 or 9 Guardia and National police vehicles. I really don't know what to expect over the coming weeks, neither side will concede, and as my Serbian friends who have been through something similar have told me, you can't have independence without violence.

you stay safe and out of the way if you can mate,

I think this is just the start of the turmoil coming to Europe

cheers Spud ;)

lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Germany turning towards the right wing, civil unrest in Spain it's the 30s all over again!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

lancashirelad wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:22 am Germany turning towards the right wing, civil unrest in Spain it's the 30s all over again!!
that literally is my fear,

Austria will be electing a right wing government as well

you can only ignore what people are saying so long

cheers Spud ;)

AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

The Catalan situation is different. Catalunya has always been a separate nation of people. The catalans are not Spanish, and they simply want to be recognised as different and to live their own way under their own beliefs and rules. Brexit is similar, but the UK is recognised, and still governs itself. Yes, catalunya has its own government, but Madrid still has the final say. Bull fighting is a great example, Catalunya banned it, Madrid has said it must be reinstated. Catalunya gives huge amounts of money to Madrid, and Madrid distributes it to the rest of Spain, gives little if any back to Catalunya. The Spanish hate the Catalans as a result of distorted media, the catalans like everyone. Everyone is welcome in Catalunya, you just have to pay your own way. The situation in other EU countries is about racism and/or migration.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

AlanHolt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:38 am The Catalan situation is different. Catalunya has always been a separate nation of people. The catalans are not Spanish, and they simply want to be recognised as different and to live their own way under their own beliefs and rules. Brexit is similar, but the UK is recognised, and still governs itself. Yes, catalunya has its own government, but Madrid still has the final say. Bull fighting is a great example, Catalunya banned it, Madrid has said it must be reinstated. Catalunya gives huge amounts of money to Madrid, and Madrid distributes it to the rest of Spain, gives little if any back to Catalunya. The Spanish hate the Catalans as a result of distorted media, the catalans like everyone. Everyone is welcome in Catalunya, you just have to pay your own way. The situation in other EU countries is about racism and/or migration.
The situation in other EU countries is about racism and/or migration.

Come on Al not that old chestnut still :?

cheers Spud ;)

AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Well it's true. Only Catalunya wants independence. All 28 eu countries are already independent.

Return to “TRAVEL”