Catalunya, Spain, 1st October

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Redmurty

Re: Catalunya, Spain, 1st October

Post by Redmurty »

Apart from the obvious, I regard this as the total failure of the European Project, when what amounts to an extreme right wing dictatorship - few people seem to realise how extreme these people really are, denial perhaps? - by a minority government that failed to get a majority over two elections and runs the country by 'decree' rather than debate.

The problem there Simon is the EU is only interested in the "European project" and the United states of Europe and by allowing the Spanish to crack down on the Catalans they are doing the EU's work for them, as they put it it's an internal matter :roll:

Juncker has stated he would hate to 98 states within the EU borders

Simon if you need a bolt hole you are more than welcome here

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I'm tired of your brainwashed anti-eu hijacking of threads. No wonder so many people have left this site. I'll leave you to it
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

AlanHolt wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am I'm tired of your brainwashed anti-eu hijacking of threads. No wonder so many people have left this site. I'll leave you to it
Well I brought this into the debate Alan so I'm happy to let it stand ...
Redmurty wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am The problem there Simon is the EU is only interested in the "European project" and the United states of Europe and by allowing the Spanish to crack down on the Catalans they are doing the EU's work for them, as they put it it's an internal matter :roll:
Spud, isn't it obvious that the EU has no ability to intervene in a sovereign state's affairs. Of the three pillars of the pro-Brexit argument the prime reason for Rome agreement, i.e. to ensure peaceful resolution of conflicts, has, IMHO, just been blown out of the water.

Your view that the EU is robbing sovereignty is clearly not happening in Spain so why should it ever happen in Britain? All non-pariah states have binding international agreements that superimpose upon their own internal laws, trade, defence as well as judicial agreements to name but a few. So the fact that some of these are in the European domain is irrelevant.

Finally the financial argument - well as soon as you guys have to pay higher mortgages so that my exchange rate improves the better ...
Redmurty wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 amJuncker has stated he would hate to 98 states within the EU borders
I'd like to see Juncker's list, exactly where are these 98 'states' then?

Simon

PS, thanks for the offer of a bed, can I have Kathy's? :lol:
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

with regards to the EU and Spain the EU could of simply applied diplomatic pressure to the Spanish government and applied diplomatic sanctions as well they have done this to Austria in the passed.

A simple statement may of gone quite a long way lots of press around the world are also saying this and stating what a bad light the EU has put it self in. Rome treaty or no Rome treaty

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “TRAVEL”