Norwegian ferries

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Spike941

Re: Norwegian ferries

Post by Spike941 »

I only saw one Cop with a radar gun on my trip. He was on the E6 way up north, aiming at vehicles leaving a small town. I took my queue from the locals, especially the lorry drivers. If they were bowling along at 100kph, then I guessed I'd be safe pushing on a bit. This worked for me.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

I commute daily (well until my bike died) which includes town centre, motorway and everything in between.
About 35km each way in the Stavanger/ Sandnes area and in the last 12 months have yet to see a speed trap
or could count on 1 hand the number of times I have seen a cop car in traffic.
So as you say, look a the local traffic, enjoy yourself but be a bit more switched on around built up areas
and main routes.
And if anyone gets in touch, I'll buy the sixpack. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Saint rob

Post by Saint rob »

Thanks to everyone for all the advice so far, keep it coming please.
I tend to always take my cues for speed from the locals/truckers wherever I am and common sense dictates caution on the approach to built up areas. At the end of the day it can't be any worse than Wales for speeding.
I'm not too worried about the cost of living, that's just something you have to accept, as they say "for everything else there's always MasterCard" It is a trip I've wanted to do and never got round to for 30+ years and 2 recent funerals has given me the kick up the arse that I need to make it happen.
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it

Return to “TRAVEL”