Date for your diaries 2018 OMG!!!

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Mickdb1

Re: Date for your diaries 2018 OMG!!!

Post by Mickdb1 »

It would be shame to all if these events are lost off the calendar. It was my first time bigtime off tarmac in Spain
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
micksea

Post by micksea »

I'll second that,always enjoy the HISS events.it's good to meet people from the forum and great riding in guaranteed weather.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Mickdb1 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm It would be shame to all if these events are lost off the calendar. It was my first time bigtime off tarmac in Spain
micksea wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:19 pm I'll second that,always enjoy the HISS events.it's good to meet people from the forum and great riding in guaranteed weather.
Thanks fellas, it's just a shame so few other people evidently feel the need!

there are a lots of other reasons, especially to do with not being able to do the accounts in the UK after 2019. But also the realisation that I haven't really done any big stuff just for myself/ourselves since 2012, the year of the first HISS ...

But this is not definitive, I think that lots is going to happen in the meantime both for us - moving into our cottage +/- full time - and the economic scene, i.e. if the interest rates go up so does the value of Sterling so as we get richer the indebted British consumer gets poor ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Ho hum,

So far we have seven definitively on the mailing list, plus two more possibly coming with one of these in the 'son and his best buddy' kind.

So we're looking go to go in 2018! :)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

The Spanish Biker wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:22 am Ho hum,

So far we have seven definitively on the mailing list, plus two more possibly coming with one of these in the 'son and his best buddy' kind.

Regs

Simon
Does that include me, Simon ? I might be that my son will have his license next year and could join in. That is IF he graduated and IF he will have no professional obligations by September (first year at work = no holidays :( )
WillS

Post by WillS »

Regs

Simon
Dates are in the diary Simon for 2018.
Looking forward to the Aragon HISS September 2017 :D
We are all ready and waiting for the 10th.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Sideleaner wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Regs

Simon
Does that include me, Simon ? I might be that my son will have his license next year and could join in. That is IF he graduated and IF he will have no professional obligations by September (first year at work = no holidays :( )
Yes it does Pascal, do you think I'd forget you! :lol:

Great news if your lad could come along. :D

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:30 pmDates are in the diary Simon for 2018.
Excellent on both counts Will - you'll be relieved to know that we have another navigation 'Guru' on board. Furthermore Phil, who earned his spurs in June, will be on his Tenere so we have an 'expert' for both big and little bikes!

Regs

Simon
PS Wow, I've actually had a notification about these posts - making some progress then ...

WillS

Post by WillS »

The Spanish Biker wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:09 pm
WillS wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:30 pmDates are in the diary Simon for 2018.
Excellent on both counts Will - you'll be relieved to know that we have another navigation 'Guru' on board. Furthermore Phil, who earned his spurs in June, will be on his Tenere so we have an 'expert' for both big and little bikes!

Regs

Simon
PS Wow, I've actually had a notification about these posts - making some progress then ...
Just looking at the trails on BaseCamp and linking a few together to create a route for a day's ride.
Uploaded onto the Garmin Montana, all seems to work ok.
Looking on Google Earth to see the route, some great trails Simon.
Our lot have said they are all happy to follow!!! Typical, no change Year on year!! :lol:
No one wants to do the planing and navigation. Hope they enjoy a few long days in the saddle :lol:
We are 3 x 250, 1 x 450 and 1 x 600, all lightweights !! :roll:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:51 pmJust looking at the trails on BaseCamp and linking a few together to create a route for a day's ride.
Uploaded onto the Garmin Montana, all seems to work ok.
Looking on Google Earth to see the route, some great trails Simon.
Our lot have said they are all happy to follow!!! Typical, no change Year on year!! :lol:
No one wants to do the planing and navigation. Hope they enjoy a few long days in the saddle :lol:
We are 3 x 250, 1 x 450 and 1 x 600, all lightweights !! :roll:
Great, there are another two coming from UK with lightweights as well, so that makes a ratio of 7:11, there's poetry in there somewhere and - Oh, I've just remembered ...
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 20.23.34.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 20.23.34.png (409.33 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
... my dad used to use it, the old smoothy (mind you, I don't remember him ever buying a new bottle!

Regs

Simon

Return to “TRAVEL”