Date for your diaries 2018 OMG!!!

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
JonnyBravo

Re: Date for your diaries 2018 OMG!!!

Post by JonnyBravo »

Do you use fevertree tonic as a mixer with that Simon ?

:mrgreen:
When nothing is going right - go left
WillS

Post by WillS »

JonnyBravo wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:40 pm Do you use fevertree tonic as a mixer with that Simon ?

Naa, Just splash it on all over "Henry" :lol:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:56 pm
JonnyBravo wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:40 pm Do you use fevertree tonic as a mixer with that Simon ?

Naa, Just splash it on all over "Henry" :lol:
Nah, I may be just Old but I'm still Spicey ...
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Well it's been a long time but that's partly because it's taken so long to find my own thread ...

So, a new date added since page one:- May 14 - 18th at Camping Collegats, la Pobla de Segur, Lleida

For those new to this topic this is in addition to:

September 10th -14th at Camping Collegats, la Pobla de Segur, Lleida
September 17th - 21st at camping Casa Fausto, Formiche Alto, Teruel

After the success of the formula last year, especially for folks training down with small bikes, the latter two can run back-to-back with an extra discount for doing this.

I've also been busy completely rebuilding the The Spanish Biker's web page, revising and updating all of the information and making it an altogether more 'fun' experience! :)

Back to the HISS events. This year both are aimed at all bikes and riders, with severe trails and long road routes so that everyone can join in the fun.

I'm making a giant 'round robin' mail to everyone who's been on a HISS - apart from the few who are personae non-grata - so if you haven't heard from me in the next 24 hours and think you should have then PM me here - it's been quite a task merging mailing lists from 12 HISS events ... :)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Now that the nights are closing in it's time to start planning the Spring HISS in detail - the first of an entire new section ...

Nice little sierra crossing starting from an ace bikers caff ...

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Simon_100 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:41 pm
Benson-1215 wrote:HI Simon
Any dates for the Spanish HU meet ?
Need to Plan next years fun in the sun .

Dai
Not sure yet as its the Johnson's call. But we have been talking about Spring rather than autumn - despite not being able to do a HISS in Spring I can do a HUMM - it's complicated ...

We will probably have meeting after the HUMM in October to decide this, so I'll post then.

Regs

Simon
Sorry about the lateness of this. Both ourselves and the Johnsons have diary 'issues' so can't do a meet next year so the next HUMM won't be until Spring 2019!

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

More off-trail planning. Most of these trails are either covered in snow or extremely slimy when it thaws ...

This area is to the south of the existing HISS area just about where the Pyrenees come to a dramatic end. But the trails tend to be more technical due to lack of use and the extremes of the climate, i.e. vey heavy rainfall when the weather is coming up from the south at 'hits' the mountains ...

Over the enact few days I'll be mailing all of the HISSers and firming up booking, invoices, etc.
Regs

Simon

bowber

Post by bowber »

Hi

Sorry if this has been covered previously.

Me and my wife, (Ok, me) are interested in coming to one or more of the HISS events, not sure whether it'd be the May one or try for the two events in September but it'd only be me riding the HISS and my wife would be just going out for on her road bike for the days.
We're both self employed so as you can imagine planning more than 2 days in advance can be a challenge. :D

So
A, Is the price inclusive of camping?
B, Would my wife need to pay full price?
C, is there anyone else with similar plans?

I'd be riding my tiddler so we'd come in the van and sleep in the van.

Steve
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Hi Steve, thanks for your interest. Things are hotting up right now as I'm asking people to confirm that they're coming along - and pay up! :)

So your questions one by one - plus a note in anticipation:

A, Is the price inclusive of camping? No, the accommodation is completely separate but in the case of La Pobla de Segur HISSers get a discount. At Formiche it's so cheap anyway there's not much point ... All we do is give the camp site owners a list of names, mostly for their convenience - dealing with all these 'funny' foreign names! - both to ease the check-in and to guarantee the price.

B, Would my wife need to pay full price? No, as a couple you get a discount, normally 25% but as she's not riding trails - although there are road routes in both locations for 2018 - let's say £50, hence £200 for the two of you. If you came to both events in September there's a 'rolling' discount of 10% so that's (200 x2) / 40 = 360, hence £360 for the two weeks - just out of interest I've just seen the VINCE advertising for this year @ £260 for two days!

C, is there anyone else with similar plans? Yes, there are a couple of 'Veterans' coming to the May event in the Pyrenees and one of them is bringing along a mate with a road bike. I don't know this chap nor his bike - but then neither do I know yer missus! :) - but there would therefore be some company out on the roads ...

Also there are at least two couples - both 'Veterans' coming with their small trail bikes. One couple are definitely confirmed for La Pobla in May and the other still to confirm in a few weeks time - possibly coming to both!

Note, regarding the self-employed/planning issue. There's no strict numbers limit on the HISS so no great need to confirm just yet - but do check the ferries! - but in May I'll be riding the TET from Carcassonne to La Pobla so I'd need to do all of the paperwork a few weeks before the event itself.

Reading through my own answers above it looks like a good plan to think about May, see if you like it and then come back for more in September, when of course you'd also get the 'Veterans' discounts of both events! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regs

Simon

bowber

Post by bowber »

Thanks for the answers Simon, you have PM.

Steve

Return to “TRAVEL”