Traffic Laws in different countries

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Simon_100

Re: Traffic Laws in different countries

Post by Simon_100 »

AlanHolt wrote:There are some silly laws in Spain. It's illegal for a woman to have her handbag on the passenger seat. Shopping must be placed in the boot or on the back seat, and if on the back seat, it must be secured with the seat belts. You can only carry one gas bottle, and it must be placed on the front passenger seat and secured with the seat belt.
Er, sorry Alan, but that's not true

I also leaned at the last HISS that you can carry 240 litre of petrol as long as it's not in containers of more than 60 litres each - homolothingy'ed containers of course ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

kito wrote:I once got pulled by the police in Thailand. I had no license, no helmet , had been drinking and was speeding. The police did a search of my pockets. When he found a condom he was very impressed and said yes safety . Think safety slow down and then waved me off
Actually many, many, many years ago a very nice lady - not in Thailand i hasten to add1 - once searched my pockets and found a condom, and i've never forget the advice to, "think safety, slow down" and, er, some other kind of 'off'! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

ehhhh.....
chauffeur poids lourd :kiss:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Tramp wrote:ehhhh.....

chauffeur poids lourd :kiss:
Ha ha, I'm sure I remember when Mrs S got her's it was 'LGV' not 'HGV' and she was really p***d off when they stopped the separate one, now that's gong back a few years ...

Regs

Simon

Return to “TRAVEL”