Spare night between Jaca and Santander

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tonibe63

Spare night between Jaca and Santander

Post by Tonibe63 »

As per title really, don't want to waste the time blasting up the toll roads so any suggestions for decent roads to ride and an interesting overnight stop would be appreciated (thumbs) .
Cheers, Tony
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Redmurty

Re: Spare night between Jaca and Santander

Post by Redmurty »

Give Simon a shout (spanishbiker) (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

Logrono then N232 to Santander
bensandman

Post by bensandman »

San sebastian is nice. You defiantly won't be hungry or thirsty if you have a night there! We went straight to santander in the morning on toll roads but i'm sure there's some good roads in them mountains
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Redmurty wrote:Give Simon a shout (spanishbiker) (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
That's another Estrella you owe me Spud!

Meanwhile, obviously a lot depends on when your ferry leaves Santander but my first thought would be to run up the Pyreness, cross-crossing the frontier starting with the Comport pass directly north of Jaca and back into Spain over the Saint Pierre de Martin, then quickly back over the Loarre pass and do the Irati run to Sant Pierre Pied de Port, but head west of there rather than south back into Spain again over the Bigotry pass (French D949 - it takes some finding!)

Then north to France on the N-121b and follow the French D4 towards Saint Jen de Luz - looks a nice place to stay! - or run along the main road to San Sebastian to spend the night and eat some real food! After that you don't have much choice other than the main road to Santander.

Alternatively, and if you have a long day before the ferry, head south when you reach the N-121b as far as Lagasa, where it overlaps with the N-121a - yes, I know, it's a Spanish thing! - and follow your nose heading west across country. I don't know this area at all well so van't make any specific recommendations other than to allow plenty of time ...

Enjoy!

Simon

If you wanted to
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “TRAVEL”