TET France, Spain and possibly Portugal....

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
BlueUK

TET France, Spain and possibly Portugal....

Post by BlueUK »

Does anyone have any plans to do any of this route either later this year or next year?
Just gathering ideas right now.
I'm thinking maybe go on my 450exc and if possible cover 2-300miles per day, travelling as light as possible but would ideally camp as venturing 20-30miles off the trail will seriously hamper progress I guess.
Travel is likely from Dover and return back from Bilbao unless anyone fancies blasting the trails back up France if the bikes ain't fell apart. Haha
I also have a 950adv so can go on that if others are wanting to ride bigger bikes.
Regrettably this trip isn't for the novice to trail riding due to distances.
Anyone after the same style of trip?
daveuprite

Re: TET France, Spain and possibly Portugal....

Post by daveuprite »

Yes, might be interested. I live in Limousin, so I might be up for some of the central/SW french sections. Ride a Beta 450RR at the moment and regularly do 3 hour / 90km off-road stints, but happy to do much longer with refills. Might be able to help with accommodation in Haute Vienne too, if it's helpful, and maybe I could be a supplies base for camping food etc (I also have a large van).
I know my own local trails quite well, and a small group of us do days out on each others' trails around Dordogne, Lot, Charente and Limousin, but personally i don't know which way up to hold a GPS, so would prefer to follow someone who does on a longer route... Not interested in any more road work than absolutely necessary to link up the chemins - I'm a dirt-monger at heart.
Let's keep in touch as your idea develops.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

BlueUK wrote:Does anyone have any plans to do any of this route either later this year or next year?
I'm thinking maybe go on my 450exc and if possible cover 2-300miles per day, travelling as light as possible but would ideally camp as venturing 20-30miles off the trail will seriously hamper progress I guess.
Travel is likely from Dover and return back from Bilbao unless anyone fancies blasting the trails back up France if the bikes ain't fell apart. Haha
I also have a 950adv so can go on that if others are wanting to ride bigger bikes.

Eh up Blue, long time no see.
So you've done the TAT and now the TET, what next ...... :laugh: .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

Tonibe63 wrote:
BlueUK wrote:Does anyone have any plans to do any of this route either later this year or next year?

Eh up Blue, long time no see.
So you've done the TAT and now the TET, what next ...... :laugh: .
Hey up, it's just a loose idea right now, nothing planned or looked into...you know how I roll!! Haha.
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

daveuprite wrote:Yes, might be interested. I live in Limousin, so I might be up for some of the central/SW french sections. Ride a Beta 450RR at the moment and regularly do 3 hour / 90km off-road stints, but happy to do much longer with refills. Might be able to help with accommodation in Haute Vienne too, if it's helpful, and maybe I could be a supplies base for camping food etc (I also have a large van).

I know my own local trails quite well, and a small group of us do days out on each others' trails around Dordogne, Lot, Charente and Limousin, but personally i don't know which way up to hold a GPS, so would prefer to follow someone who does on a longer route... Not interested in any more road work than absolutely necessary to link up the chemins - I'm a dirt-monger at heart.

Let's keep in touch as your idea develops.
Yeah definitely, hopefully we'll see what pans out in this thread.
As for the sat nav, I can use one but I'm no expert.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Its a bloody long ride...i reccon 6 or 7 weeks and season timing will be important...northren france in spring (anything above dordogne) can is is wet and muddy, spain has late season snow this year it was into early june and then portugal had forest fires....
I havent seen the final release of the tet so unsure of fuel stop points....but france and spain shouldnt be a problem with 160 mls range tanks....
French trails are challenging but sure jono devised the route for mid weight bikes not pogos lol...
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

yes I would be interested dont mind long rides on the trail , happy to go think may time is best . just depends on length of trip .
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Have the trails "gone live" yet by chance?

There was one just over the border from me that I think needed to be checked out. I might have time to do just that come middle July, if so.

By all means float ideas out.....bear in mind that I'm in the Béarn FR and can assist with knowledge from here all the way over to the Navarre,Aragon in Spain and to south of Zaragoza to the Med coast and to include Andorra....to the French Med....and I can use a GPS not too badly. :laugh:

There 'may' be the possibility to stay at my house/ camp in big garden, if need be.

There's tools and secure parking.

As an aside there could even be my 110 hard top Defender available as a chase/fuel/tools/spares vehicle.....you could probably recover two motos if you took your time. (two main frames inside and the rest of the moto dismantled. Any light baggage hold alls then can be put on the full length roof rack.

If needed, and depending on the number of motos, my Sankey trailer could be pressed into service as it is more than solid for off road. This would allow recovery at the scene rather than hamper the progress, of about 4 motos max?

I'm retired and can ride these trails anytime so I wouldn't mind driving in this instance and can drive over to the French Med to rendezvous and to drive back towards Bilbao.

The Spanish can be goofy ref group sizes so spaced out well is the way to go there.

Of course all of this would be free for like minded people I wouldn't feel right profiting from charging for trails that are free to ride anyway.........if you want to put diesel in then you can...if not..no big deal....you might only have to buy a beer here and there. (thumbs)

Keep us posted.

:)
Will It Buff Out?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Stay tuned .............been following this for a while on FB (thumbs)
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:Stay tuned .............been following this for a while on FB (thumbs)
You flash bugger, I don't do faceache as I am too old :lol:
one-legged adventurer

Return to “TRAVEL”