TET France, Spain and possibly Portugal....

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
PHILinFRANCE

Re: TET France, Spain and possibly Portugal....

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

:laugh: :laugh: Navigator !!!!! i just pick the roughest route :laugh:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

PHILinFRANCE wrote::laugh: :laugh: Navigator !!!!! i just pick the roughest route :laugh:
Always a good one though (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I am looking at starting my "TET offensive" next year the beauty of it for me is that I can dip in and out over a period of time. (thumbs) I think the plan is for the web site to go live in September.
Next years plans are looking like Sweden, Norway and Japan (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Redmurty wrote:I am looking at starting my "TET offensive" next year the beauty of it for me is that I can dip in and out over a period of time. (thumbs) I think the plan is for the web site to go live in September.

Next years plans are looking like Sweden, Norway and Japan (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
I'm one of the 'Linesmen' for the Spain section. As far as I know the 'go live' is imminent!

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:Not this TET offensive then ;)

http://thevietnamwar.info/wp-content/up ... 24x576.jpg

why is that one guy farting on the back of his mates neck :whistle:

in my earlier days the morning after always looked like that :evil:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

BlueUK wrote:
WIBO wrote: Have the trails "gone live" yet by chance?
There was one just over the border from me that I think needed to be checked out. I might have time to do just that come middle July, if so.
By all means float ideas out.....bear in mind that I'm in the Béarn FR and can assist with knowledge from here all the way over to the Navarre,Aragon in Spain and to south of Zaragoza to the Med coast and to include Andorra....to the French Med....and I can use a GPS not too badly. :laugh:
There 'may' be the possibility to stay at my house/ camp in big garden, if need be.
There's tools and secure parking.
As an aside there could even be my 110 hard top Defender available as a chase/fuel/tools/spares vehicle.....you could probably recover two motos if you took your time. (two main frames inside and the rest of the moto dismantled. Any light baggage hold alls then can be put on the full length roof rack.
If needed, and depending on the number of motos, my Sankey trailer could be pressed into service as it is more than solid for off road. This would allow recovery at the scene rather than hamper the progress, of about 4 motos max?
I'm retired and can ride these trails anytime so I wouldn't mind driving in this instance and can drive over to the French Med to rendezvous and to drive back towards Bilbao.
The Spanish can be goofy ref group sizes so spaced out well is the way to go there.
Of course all of this would be free for like minded people I wouldn't feel right profiting from charging for trails that are free to ride anyway.........if you want to put diesel in then you can...if not..no big deal....you might only have to buy a beer here and there. (thumbs)
Keep us posted.
:)
Hi,
The route hasn't gone live yet, just an outline of what it possibly will be?
Nice offer of the use of your tools. Hopefully we won't be breaking down to the point we can't fix the bikes but what may be a possibility depending on the trails and bikes used would be a place to change out rear tyres and maybe an oil change IF we're on the smaller bikes. Beer tokens are a must.
It's possible you would join us on some of the ride? I have been reading your threads, both the Morocco one and the one across North Spain...... I was tempted to post up and possibly join in.
R.E group size, I never enjoy large groups as it increases the likelihood of breakdowns and problems, Ideally 4-6. in a group and preferably most people having the satnav and routes so the group can spread out and make stops without everyone feeling held up and alternates the dusty riding.
As I say though, it is merely an idea right now to see if there is any interest.

No problem.....I can ride along too with out a problem.......I can scoot along nicely all day at a good speed even on that old XT. Glad you enjoyed the RReports.

Will It Buff Out?
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

WIBO wrote: No problem.....I can ride along too with out a problem.......I can scoot along nicely all day at a good speed even on that old XT. Glad you enjoyed the RReports.

Some folk are blessed with good riding skills whereas others have to fight day in day out to maintain the pace like myself. To be fair, my last trip was 2011 although I still get out once a month for 100 mile day trips on the dirt so I will have to build up my bike fitness soon. :unsure:
Your ride report pics have disappeared due to the hosting site wanting some payments...it looks like the Moroccan border patrol has taken over!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
If you're calling the XT660 old, god only knows how old you'll think of my 450exc and 950adv.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

I'll have to edit the reports again when I've time. Keep us all posted as to what's what.....
Again, I don't mind guiding in the Navarre and Aragon regions, for free, because the trails are free. (thumbs)
Will It Buff Out?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

FREE !!!!!!! who would have belived it :whistle:

Return to “TRAVEL”