qcnr

Re: Norway

Post by qcnr »

Motorbikes are exempt B)
And yes there are a lot of tolls :angry: and more are coming :angry:
Stuartw

Post by Stuartw »

On the subject of costs. What do the little ferries cost for a motorcycle and rider? M assuming depending on route, you could end up using quite a few of them along the way?
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Stuartw wrote:On the subject of costs. What do the little ferries cost for a motorcycle and rider? M assuming depending on route, you could end up using quite a few of them along the way?
I did a crossing from Helsinki to Tallinn last year and it was 100 Euros for me and the bike including a cabin for the night. Not sure about the ferries within Norway, etc.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
sven

Post by sven »

If you're based in northern England, Euro Bike Trans are shipping bikes to Oslo now (thumbs)
http://www.eurobiketrans.co.uk/norwegia ... transport/
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Stuartw wrote:On the subject of costs. What do the little ferries cost for a motorcycle and rider? M assuming depending on route, you could end up using quite a few of them along the way?
It varies dependant on the route. But for bike and rider expect between 50- 160nok
(£5- £16)
wwdph02

Post by wwdph02 »

Been there 2014/2016 and now going again next month but having done the Atlantic road / Arctic circle / Lofoten I agree with quite a few of these earlier replies.
No need to plan any route, just point the bike in the direction you want to go. There are plenty of camp sites, accommodation not a problem, little ferries (under 30 mins crossings) are inexpensive and give you a break, time to enjoy the views.
I doubt I will get any further north than a line between Bergen and Lillehammer.
There are so many routes and places to see, get local advice at any stop for fuel, food or night stop.
If unsure what type of roads, tarmac, gravel etc then check out this site
http://mctouringnorway.com/
Did not go as far north as Nordkapp having seen enough youtube on the route it seems a lot of boredom for a tick in box when there is so much you can miss on the way. (Bit like missing lake district to get to top of Sturgeon country)
P1000049.JPG
P1000049.JPG (77.15 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

boatman

Post by boatman »

wwdph02 wrote:Been there 2014/2016 and now going again next month but having done the Atlantic road / Arctic circle / Lofoten I agree with quite a few of these earlier replies.
No need to plan any route, just point the bike in the direction you want to go. There are plenty of camp sites, accommodation not a problem, little ferries (under 30 mins crossings) are inexpensive and give you a break, time to enjoy the views.
I doubt I will get any further north than a line between Bergen and Lillehammer.
There are so many routes and places to see, get local advice at any stop for fuel, food or night stop.
If unsure what type of roads, tarmac, gravel etc then check out this site
http://mctouringnorway.com/
Did not go as far north as Nordkapp having seen enough youtube on the route it seems a lot of boredom for a tick in box when there is so much you can miss on the way. (Bit like missing lake district to get to top of Sturgeon country)
P1000049.JPG
I suppose it's a different experience for each of us ,
I like the wide open spaces in the north ,the sense of emptiness
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

A post that is also valid in Norway!
26-travel/584479-riding-francepriority- ... ation.html

Return to “TRAVEL”