Riding in France

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
micksea

Re: Riding in France

Post by micksea »

hi-viz is enough,bikes don"t have to carry breathilzers.you don"t have to carry a bulb kit but if stopped for having a light out the police won"t let you ride somewhere to fix it,if on a motorway then it gets towed at your expense,if anywhere else it gets parked while you fetch a bulb.stickers on helmets only apply to French riders.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

All you need is a high viz for your own safety....not required really...yes a bulb kit is handy but the police wont bother you...as a uk rider you only need to comply to uk law ref helmet and kscket stickers....breathalizers arent required....i go to france often...

Just dont speed through a village lol :laugh: ...bon travels avec au moto (thumbs)
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

We carry one Hi viz between the three of us and we have bulbs because you need to ride with your lights on. Don,t foget the GB sticker if your number plate has not got it on.
Tannasfish

Riding in France

Post by Tannasfish »

Can anyone give accurate, up to date information about current regulations that apply to riding in France.
I've read all sorts of stuff regarding breathalysers, hi- vis vests, bulb kits, reflective stickers on helmets and jackets, etc.
I've been to France on several occasions but not for a couple of years and had no problems. What do I need to take?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

frenchy3 wrote: Don,t foget the GB sticker if your number plate has not got it on.
Isn't that for cars only? I'm sure bikes don't need it.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

:silly:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GB-NUMBER-PLA ... SwddNXgOQe

you need this...all europe vehicles must display country of residence... (thumbs)

most petrol stations now except uk credit/debit cards for payment but best to carry a 10 euro note for emergencys....

also if you come across a road accident dont leave the scene till the police arrive and give you all clear to leave...even if you arent involved all road users are expected to offer assistance (thumbs)
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

Don't forget your licence, registration documentand insurance which you have to carry with you at all times in France. Carry spare specs.if you use them.
WillS

Post by WillS »

Don't use the ear bud type in ear speakers if you listen to music, sat-nav or phone, that's illegal in France and will carry a fine. First they have to catch you, but if stopped for a document check and they notice, -€€ :whistle:
The in helmet type speakers are ok no problem.
Second the speeding in villages 50km, normally no speed sign, Just the entry sign to the Village.
They are hot on this and getting very clever with unmarked parked cars, and the Gendarme hiding behind trees or a hedge !! No Radar Warning Signs for these speed checks.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

going to regret this, but for 20 years have never bothered with this lot, been pulled a few times but that was with more to do with what i was doing. these are summat else to worry about.
just take yer docs in a laminate and have fun

steve

Return to “TRAVEL”